Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Michigan Poacher

Old 03-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Spike

Default Michigan Poacher

Todd, just wanted to make sure you Michigan boys saw this news article:

Man gets 5 days in jail in death of 24-point buck
JACKSON, Mich. -- A Horton man who didn't have a hunting license when he shot a 24-point buck last October with a compound bow in a Jackson County swamp has been sentenced to five days in jail.

Chris James also was ordered to pay a $1,000 fine to the state wildlife fund and a $300 fine to the county. District Judge Michael Klaeren sentenced James after he pleaded guilty Monday in the case.

James had told the Jackson Citizen Patriot that he shot the buck Oct. 24. The newspaper story prompted a conservation officer and a team of agents from the state Department of Natural Resources to investigate.

Computerized hunting license records showed James bought his archery deer license the day after the buck was shot.

___
Old 03-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Michigan Poacher

He should loose his hunting rights for life...
Old 03-25-2008, 05:19 PM

I agree!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Thats it!!!!! Thats all he got? And the deterent to poach is what for those who take part in this kind of activity???

Jay
Old 03-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

I heard about this a while back and finnaly got the outcome of it. this kinda junk makes me sick. This guy should be locked up for life. no hunting. no nothing. Hunting is suppose to be fun. not illeagle!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

5 days in jail and out a grand? hell I'm going to shoot a 24pt buck.....what kind of crap is that?

Seriously, talk about soft.....I don't get it, this country throws the book at people for lesser crimes and then doesn't do anything for more serious ones.

I don't konw the circumstances, but $1,000 and 5 days, ie......he went to jail instead of work for a week......lost 1 weeks income......and got a week at the holiday in.

Either more jailtime, and/or a larger fine, let this guy know he did something wrong......not like uh ya it was kinda illegal I suppose.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

I read somewhere that is was well known that he had hunted every year without a license!! If that is the case the best solution for this scenerio would be to revoke his hunting privlidges for life! If he likes to hunt as much as we do then that would probably be the worst thing to do to him! He was only caught poaching one deer! There are guys that have poached alot more game then him and have gotten the same or less!!

Stan
Old 03-25-2008, 11:52 PM

He should lose his hunting rights for life. Of course this probably won't bother him since he seems to have no problem hunting without them anyway.
Things like this just give the anti's amunition.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think he should have got no jail time and no fine but should have to show up at the county road commision on Oct-1 and have to pick up garbage along the highway from sun up to sun down till jan-1!!!! Let him see all of us guys going hunting!!! Walt
Old 03-26-2008, 07:55 AM

I don't think I have ever herd about someone getting that much jail time for poaching, where I'm from we have one DNR officer for three counties. Poachers have free rule.

Quick Reply: Michigan Poacher

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.