Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

No last minute deer here

Old 12-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default No last minute deer here

Well this weekend was it for me, I had a new cameraman with me and he did awesome. Except when I had a nice fat 120lb doe come in and she was at 20 yards and I was at full draw and I hear no shot no shot and the doe spins and runs away with me still holding at full draw. I had her in the clear but the cameraman could only see her head and butt so he called off the shot!!! That's what makes filming and hunting so much fun!! I guess that's why they call it hunting not killing!! I just hope that doe spits out two bucks next year because she doesn't know how lucky she was!!! Walt
Old 12-30-2007, 01:20 PM

Default RE: No last minute deer here

walt,
I have been there I am still hunting hard trying to get one in the late season. I am finding many new rubs just not seeing the buck doing the work
Nic
Old 12-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well good luck Nic!!! Our season ends tuesday and I have to work all day Monday so that was my last fling.. Man it's funny filling the withdraws just knowing I am not going hunting any more this year!!! I seems like it went flying by this year even with all the bad luck!! Walt
Old 12-30-2007, 02:17 PM

thanks walt, I am trying but I think the buck is nocturnal. it is a small place and I will hunt on day and come back the next and find rubs that are smoking but I think he is doing it when we cant hunt him. I still have till the 17th. Are you guys coming back down?
Nic
Old 12-31-2007, 03:21 PM
Fork Horn

Walt, My buddy has been hunting our Portland lease and he said onSunday he saw a 120" class buck that had dropped one side that he had seen a week earlier with both sides and he also saw a 12" spike that had just dropped also. He also mentioned he saw a good 140" feeding in the beanfield all by himself on Saturday afternoon at 3pm. Aaron and I are headed down tomorrow to see if we can get a poke at a good doe or that 140". I have trail cams of both the 120 and 140 from late summer. Ill be bowhunting in the am and trying to fill a doe tag in the evening since its the last chance to tag anything and I need some more meat in the freezer.

Jay
Old 01-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good Jay good luck!!!! When you and Aaron heading back to ILLinois?? Walt
Old 01-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

We wont be making it to IL again. IL is done for us this season. Lookin forward to 08. Man that seems sooooo far away.

Jay
Old 01-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's freakin like 12 degrees here today. We aren't even hunting tonight because I'm the biggest baby in the world and I hate hunting in a foot of snow and negitive -5 wind chills... Sorry team members, I'm not tough....
Old 01-01-2008, 07:59 PM

Anyone have an extra cameraman laying around? I put out a couple of trailcamers the other day hopping to get something patterned. Oh well I smell tag soup.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

Todd, Its not the temps and snow holding me back its the thing called a job. I have super warm wools but I dont live in IA and Im not self employed. I wish it were that way though.

Jay

Quick Reply: No last minute deer here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.