Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
California Deer Hunting >

California Deer Hunting

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

California Deer Hunting

Old 08-29-2002, 10:38 PM

Default RE: California Deer Hunting

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Scouting success! Today i scouted for about 1 hr. and saw a bachelor group of 5 bucks. 4 of them were 4x4's andthere was one monster there that had a drop tine on each side with 3 inch eye guards with forks, he was also abou 30 in. wide and 20 tall. So many horns on each side that when he turns his head you cant see thru his horns. either a 7x7 or 8x8

Vegitariannoun) Old Indian word for bad hunter.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 08-30-2002, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Hey ahunter_in_X1, did you get drawn for X-1 this year? Sounds like your scouting is going well.

Born to hunt, forced to work.
Old 08-30-2002, 11:16 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Scouting success! Today i scouted for about 1 hr. and saw a bachelor group of 5 bucks. 4 of them were 4x4's andthere was one monster there that had a drop tine on each side with 3 inch eye guards with forks, he was also abou 30 in. wide and 20 tall. So many horns on each side that when he turns his head you cant see thru his horns. either a 7x7 or 8x8

Vegitariannoun) Old Indian word for bad hunter.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 08-30-2002, 11:16 PM

[quote]
[quote]

NEED TO GET MY HIP BOOTS ON, IT'S GETTING DEEP IN HERE
Old 09-05-2002, 10:12 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-06-2002, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator

Well X-1, you should get drawn next year for sure with the new preference point. Did you get a C-zone tag before they sold out or are you hunting further south this year? I'm doing 1 tag in the B-zones (just starting to learn them0 and a tag in D-5.

Born to hunt, forced to work.
Old 09-15-2002, 06:28 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-15-2002, 08:27 PM

I'm leavin for b-2 this thursday for opening day, which is saturday. I'll bring my new digital camera with me too.
Old 09-16-2002, 11:12 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-23-2002, 05:54 PM

well I'm back from b2. What a weekend. I didn't get anything but pretty much everyone else did. One guy killed 2 bucks. A 3x4 and a 2x2. One guy killed a bear, it was small but who cares. Then everyone else killed a single buck a piece. Mostly 2x2's. I had a shot at a 3x3 but I waited to long and he took off. Also I almost had a shot at a bear, good size. We came right up on him eating on an old gut pile, scared us both and he took off. I had him in my sights but the trees were to thick.

Overall, good weekend. Hunting california is definitly getting better. We saw about 15 deer total, and two bear.

Quick Reply: California Deer Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.