Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Looking for Eastern Oregon Bull Elk Hunting Info, East Murderers Creek Unit >

Looking for Eastern Oregon Bull Elk Hunting Info, East Murderers Creek Unit

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Looking for Eastern Oregon Bull Elk Hunting Info, East Murderers Creek Unit

Old 10-25-2004, 02:27 PM

Default Looking for Eastern Oregon Bull Elk Hunting Info, East Murderers Creek Unit

I am going to be hunting in the Strawberry Wilderness area of East Murderers Creek Unit in Eastern Oregon, just southeast of John Day and south of Prarie City. I was just checking to see if anyone had any good information on areas to hunt and any methods that may be better than others in this area? Any help would be appreciated. I did try to do some pre season scouting, but I am new to the area and not as well aquainted with the are as some may be.

P.S. The second season goes from Nov 6 to the 14th, as I know weather will be important.

Thank You,

Tim L. Rose
Old 11-04-2004, 11:29 PM

Default RE: Looking for Eastern Oregon Bull Elk Hunting Info, East Murderers Creek Unit

I have not been there in a couple of yrs. but i do know that there was a fire that started up around High lake and burnt down to the east. Took most of all the timber out. Most likely you will need to hunt west or north of high lake. You could try snow shoe,i think the fire stop about there.