Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Washington Bears >

Washington Bears

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Washington Bears

Old 09-06-2004, 06:51 PM

Default Washington Bears

First, Hello to all I have been reading for awhile now and finally decided to join. Second This is the first year I have decided to hunt bear, my question is can any of you give me some tips were to find some bears! I live near wenatchee so any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!!
Old 09-06-2004, 10:18 PM

Default RE: Washington Bears

Me and a buddy went on some pre season scouting trips. He was looking for bear and I was looking for Grouse. We found a old tree farm near Snoqualmie pass with lots of sign (scrapes on trees, scat, holes in the brush where they were moving through and berry bushes with all the berries and much of the vegetation stripped off).

Near Wenatchee I would gues the Entiat/Chelan Buttes WFA would be a good bet. Look for hukleberry fields and you'll probably find bears.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:05 PM

a lot of bear sign in w. washington, bound to get one this year, if i could quit grouse huntin and start lookin for the black stuff
Old 09-08-2004, 05:16 AM

Boy up that way they should be thick, I'd find a berry patch and just sit there and glass, they should be pretty active right now, the berries though may be almost done for they came on a few weeks earlier than normal(early fall my guess)

By your namesake is that what you use on them? I heard those 454's really tear up a wrist? Good luck
Old 09-12-2004, 12:09 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-12-2004, 09:17 AM

Seems this year there are alot of bear around. I've seen 16 now to date. Almost got a real big one except for the small cub that walked out at the last minute. Thats the reason I never shoot right off the bat when I spot one. Saw a nice brown one Friday but I was working and had no gun with me, which seems to be the case alot this year.
Like everyone else said look for the berry fields also look for any old homestead sights that might have old apple trees.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:23 PM

I have been doing most of my hunting up by Lake Wenatchee still am yet to see one I must have some bad luck going right now.
Trapper yea I am using a Ruger SRH in .454 with a 4x Leupold on it. It bucks pretty hard but is manageable if your willing to practice with it.