Washington - Urgent Alert! Help Repeal I-713 >

Washington - Urgent Alert! Help Repeal I-713

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Washington - Urgent Alert! Help Repeal I-713

Old 02-21-2002, 12:19 AM

Default Washington - Urgent Alert! Help Repeal I-713

ALERT! IMMEDIATE ACTION NEED!!

Washingtonians for Wildlife Conservation (WWC)
http://www.w4wc.org
2-19-02(Revise for 2-21-02 posting)

Monday night the Senate voted 38-11 to repeal Initiative 713.

The bill (SSB5831) has now moved to the House of Representatives for action.

The "antis" have geared up their allies to prevent SSB5831 from getting House approval and it is up to us to counter their actions and get it passed and sent to the Governor.

YOUR CALLS AND EMAILS TO YOUR REPRESENTATIVES ARE NEEDED IMMEDIATELY!!

This going to the House Natural Resources Committee on Friday, Feb 22nd at 8am. The HSUS plans to fill the hearing with anti-trappers. Your Legislators need to hear from you TODAY!

The general message is: The proponents of I713 lied and mislead the public, not only on moles, gophers, and mountain beavers, but throughout their entire campaign and they continue to lie in their desperate efforts to stop this repeal, which is in the best interests of the public, both urban an rural. The State Constitution, as a sfety valve, provides for the repeal of bad initiatives. (or your own words to that effect) Your representatives need to be contacted through phone calls and then a follow-up Email, if you are able.

It may be necessary to contact their office more than once. Request a "yes" or "no" commitment - be polite, but firm. Remember, you are the voter. You can obtain their individual phone numbers by calling the Legislative Hotline @1-800-562-6000.

The formula for their Email addresses is: Up to 8 letters of the last name_first 2 letters of the first @leg.wa.gov Example: [email protected] Rep. Lynn Kessler Be sure and mention tht you live in their District and include your name(s) and addresses in any Emails.

You can also locate you Representives by going to the WWC site at www.w4wc.org and clicking on the "Tools" section.

Please ask others within your circle to join in this effort. If you are a member and/or a leader of an organization, get your Email message systems going and your phone trees. There is no time to waste!! The action can be unbelievably fast in the political arena and the repeal of this bad initiative will benefit all of us, and the animals too!!

For more information on the WWC please visit us online at:
http://www.w4wc.org/

Or e-mail: [email protected]

[END]
Old 02-21-2002, 12:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Washington - Urgent Alert! Help Repeal I-713

THINKS FOR THE UPDATE HUNT. I DO HOPE IT GETS REPEALED AND THEN WE CAN TELL AND SHOW THE ANTIS WHERE TO STUFF IT!!!
Old 02-23-2002, 03:41 PM

I found out about this to late. What has happened so far?

Nate
Old 02-24-2002, 09:07 PM

Its not too late,,every letter is needed! Please go to www.w4wc.org hit the tools, that will take you where you can find your Representatives and write each of them a letter stressing the fact you support the complete repeal of I713 and ask them to vote in support of SSB5831,,,also ask them to please let you know how they are gonna vote and please report it back to the w4wc website.

This is really big and needs all of our involvement. Lets start making a difference right now!
Old 02-24-2002, 11:18 PM
Typical Buck

I just sent e-mails out to my Reps. Here's what I had to say. I hope it got my point across.--Shannon

I would like to take a moment to ask for you to support the repeal of Initiative 713 by voting YES on SSB5831. This initiative was passed by the voters of this state only after they were lied to repeatedly by the Humane Society of the United States, the initiative's strongest supporter, as to the extent of the trapping ban. Since this initiative has passed, it has had nothing but negative ramifications for the people of Washington. From urban homeowners' lawns and playgrounds to the rural farmers' land and livestock, the trapping ban has been devastating. A band-aid proposal was brought before the Senate, and they saw it for what it was. It did nothing to address the problems in rural Washington, only those of the suburban areas of the state. The only fair solution to this complex problem is to repeal I-713 by supporting SSB5831. The voters of this state deserve to be treated fairly, equally, and truthfully. Please respond to this e-mail with your position on this legislation. Thank you for your time and service.

Robert S. Lee
Puyallup, WA
Old 02-25-2002, 03:02 AM

UPDATE! * SB 5831 REPEAL I-713 * UPDATE!

Washingtonians for Wildlife Conservation (WWC)
http://www.w4wc.org
2-24-02

The hearing on Friday clearly showed that the HSUS lied!

The next couple days are critical!

This Bill needs to get through the Rules Committee by March 1st or it's
over!

Keep the heat on!

It is ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL that those fighting to overturn 713 get engaged and we only have a few days to get the job done. Get the word out to everyone you can to get involved in this fight now -- today. We can win this fight but it cannot be won by just a small handful of people carrying the load. Get you friends, your neighbors, your customers and your family engaged and get them to contact legislators with the message:

The legislative hearing in the House to overturn 713 clearly proved that HSUS lied to the voters of Washington State and that is totally, absolutely unacceptable. If you vote to do what HSUS wants that means you sanction their lies. If you feel obligated to "fix" any part of 713 you are morally and ethically obligated to fix it all as a matter of fairness and equity to both the rural and urban areas of the state. And the only way to ensure fairness is to overturn the entire initiative.

It is time to stand up and be counted - to stand up and fight -- email every House Natural Resources committee member today -- right now -- and give them the message.

House Natural Resources Committee:

Mark Doumit [email protected]
Phil Rockefeller [email protected]
Bob Sump [email protected]
Jim Buck [email protected]
William Eickmeyer [email protected]
Doug Ericksen [email protected]
Brock Jackley [email protected]
Joe McDermott [email protected]
Ed Orcutt [email protected]
Kirk Pearson [email protected]
David Upthegrove [email protected]

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

If you have not yet received a confirmation from both your Representatives that they will vote in favor of repealing I-713, keep on them! The "will of the people" is not being served by an initiative that was passed based on lies.

Please use the "Tools" section at the WWC website at http://www.w4wc.org/ to find and email your Representatives.

[END]
Old 02-25-2002, 08:49 AM

Perfect Slee,,,, for those not as elegent with words that note is a great format to follow.
Old 02-25-2002, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

A little plajorizim on my part, thanx for the format slee.... mine went out.
Old 02-25-2002, 12:14 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys. I shot every member of the NR Committee, as well as my reps this e-mail last night. One of my reps, Roger Bush, responded this morning with "I'm there." I'll keep you guys posted if I get any more responses by tonight. Stay on 'em guys until they give you their position. They have to know that we aren't going to sit back and watch this fail because they didn't pay attention. They are accountable to the voters. I think I will keep these responses from the NR Committee members and my Reps. If they vote different than they said, I'll refresh their memories with their statement right before I slam them. They work for us. It's time for them to earn their pay.

Edited by - slee on 02/25/2002 13:18:55
Old 02-25-2002, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE I SENT OFF MY E-MAILS.

Quick Reply: Washington - Urgent Alert! Help Repeal I-713

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.