"Backwoods Call" help's slew another" >

"Backwoods Call" help's slew another"

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

"Backwoods Call" help's slew another"

Old 04-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default "Backwoods Call" help's slew another"

Well...went out this evening after work...just me and my awesome "Backwoods Call' Just did some really soft purr's and putt's..called in 3 hen's..they hung around for about 4 minute's..then left. also had 3 whitetail's come within 6 yd's from me. Did a couple more soft purr's and cluck's...and here come 3 more hen's...guess one of em was the boss....cus she when off with with wild yelping...3 minute's later...3 tom's are within 12 feet of me.....so I came home with this one..this make's 4 out of 5 tom's taken off my place useing a "Backwoods Call"..guess you could call this my indorsement..Ya'll need to have one in your vest....21 1/2 lb's, 8 in. beard, left spur 3/4 in., right spur 5/8 in.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:28 PM

Default RE: "Backwoods Call" help's slew another"

Nice job Wayne ! It looks like you have a new favorite call (and is that a certain Primos striker that I recognize there?)
Boy its been quite awhile since you've decided to go after a bird yourself rather than take other folks out there ! With the
"Turkey Heaven" you've got established there'll be plenty of big birds this fall and next season too. - - - Thanks again to you
and Diane for everything. I had a great time seeing you guys and some hunts I'll never forget. Good Hunting!, - - Pointshoot
Old 04-21-2004, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol....yup...that's the striker ya gave me...after this big oaf broke my own..[:@]....We both really enjoyed your visit and hunt's....as we alway's do.........Wayne
Old 04-21-2004, 11:04 PM

Hey wayne nice bird - must be nice to walk out your back door and be in turkey heaven. LOL. Is it the shade or is that thing an extremley dark color for a rio dang near looks like an eastern. Well congrats. I'm stuck here chasin easterns for the rest of the season.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bigsmooth35 ..must just be the lighting...although I've had "OL" timer's around here tell me about Eastern's over here before
Old 04-22-2004, 01:35 AM

Wayne,

Congrats on a really nice bird! I know Ms Diane would like to get one this year as well!
I'm glad you like your call & your testimonial is great. Knowing you as I do that is one heck of a pat on the back. I really don't know what to say except thank you. I'll make sure that Slee checks this out to I know he'll be as proud as I am.

Your friend
Old 04-22-2004, 01:58 AM
Fork Horn

wu-who! That is one verra verra nice bird. I was pleased as punch that you got one for yourself Hoping to get on the board for team 4 this weekend with a little help from "Backwoods Calls" myself.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:34 AM

Wayne,

I want you to know that Sad Daddy has to be as big as yours to keep it even in the contest.................man Team 6 ever found out how much I'm helping Team 4 they would ship my butt out of town faster than I could say son of a bit
Old 04-22-2004, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

Way to go Wayne, nice looking bird.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go Wayne! I'm glad you got one. Maybe us Southerners are total jinxes when it comes to birds. Was that the one that was strutting by the barn on Sunday morning while we were humping up the hill below the house? Thanks for the endorsement on the call. We aim to please, and right now we are shooting pretty damn good. We'll have to get you a new striker when we start turning our own.

Quick Reply: "Backwoods Call" help's slew another"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.