Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Got Coyotes?

Old 04-15-2004, 10:32 PM

Default Got Coyotes?

Are you guys seeing many Coyotes in your area? Wolf?
Old 04-30-2004, 03:46 PM

Default RE: Got Coyotes?

Saw one this morning on the road, I was tempted to take a shot, but.... damn ethics and morals. I've seen a couple this year, but haven't really been hunting them yet.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:50 PM

Killed 13 between two friend and a brother this year. Normally much more but Utah flys and kills must of them. Goverment trapper do a good job! Sucks because I love to shoot the little ...
Old 05-18-2004, 09:00 PM

A friend told me of someone he knew who was up hunting when he saw some wolves in the trees and he started yelling at them thinking they would run off, they started moving in on him and he ended up having to shoot two to save his life. Im hoping that in wyoming we get the law changed, id love to have a couple wolf mounts
Old 05-18-2004, 10:08 PM

Know of a few places around the state, gonna be checking them out real soon.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:14 AM

Coyote numbers are really down because the wolves are really hammering them.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:06 PM

sorry didnt see my other post on here...told the same story twice haha
Old 05-20-2004, 09:21 PM

Well said, wyogreff! The wolves here are getting way out of hand. Elk numbers have declined drasticly, and contradictory to what the scientists, most of whom happen to live where the effects of wolves are unfelt, say the wolves dont just kill the weak and the young. And they dont always eat what they kill, sometimes they just kill for the sake of killing. Its past time the wolves were delisted. They have expanded so far out of the "Yellowstone Ecosystem" that its rediculous. The wolves have even moved on to different mountain ranges! And the USFW says that our plan of listing them as predators outside of the parks isn't going to keep up numbers? GIVE ME A BREAK! Even with the dual listing well still have one heck of a time thinning the varmints out. The G&F needs to get a clue. You know the saying 20/20 hindsight? Well the USFW's hindsight must be a little blury. I just finished reading Alaskan Adventures by Russell Anabell, and several of his stories are about the wolf problem Alaska had several years ago. Their problem sounded so much like ours that it was eerie. The wolves that were supposed to "help keep local animal herds at healthy numbers" slaughtered all of the game animals, nearly to the point of extinction in a few areas. And all of the while Alaska's G&F wouldnt let people hunt them. It got to the point where the government had to hire gunmen in planes to keep the wolves in check, and to save Alaska's game animals. So why doesn't the USFW pull their heads out and delist the wolves before we have to hunt them just to save our elk herds?
Old 05-20-2004, 09:22 PM

Dang Straight
Old 06-09-2004, 09:47 PM

Default i hate wolves..

in idaho we are having problems in prime elk and deer habitat all over the state..
if a wolf comes into my line of fire.......

Once again ANY POSTS THAT ACTIVELY STATE THAT AN INDIVIDUAL/ or BOARD MEMBER WILL/ SHOULD VIOLATE ANY FEDERAL OR STATE GAME LAWS BY EITHER HUNTING/ KILLING ANY ANIMAL OUT OF SEASON OR CONSIDERED PROTECTED WILL BE DELETED!! ANTI'S ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR FUEL....AND THAT FUEL WILL NOT COME FROM HUNTINGNET.COM!! Thank you in advance folks...

Quick Reply: Got Coyotes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.