Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Seattle area hunters help! >

Seattle area hunters help!

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Seattle area hunters help!

Old 04-16-2004, 12:44 PM

Default RE: Seattle area hunters help!

Dan McKinley told me it will be opening in May out in Gig Harbor.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

And you listen to Dan..???....[:@]
Old 04-16-2004, 01:14 PM

That place has been bouncing around for 4 years now... Who freakin' knows where it will end up. I just wish it would get out here!!! I take my wife to Ikea when she wants... this will give me something to go to
Old 04-18-2004, 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: WAYNE1

And you listen to Dan..???....[:@]
Well sometimes....maybe
Old 04-20-2004, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey POWER, did you ever find what you were after???
Old 04-23-2004, 12:07 AM

The best store in this state (as mentioned by others) is Sportsmans Warehouse in Spokane. No other place comes close and the westside is especially grim pickings. - - - I do most of my shopping online from Cabelas, MidwayUSA, Natchessz (always spell it wrong), etc. Good luck, - - - Pointshoot
Old 04-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I gave up eventually and just went to Fry's instead.
Old 04-24-2004, 06:40 PM

Hopfully they'll put a Sportsmans over here, we need it! I went into Sportco to pick up some more shells, could you guys beleive they are plum out of turkey loads[:@] That is certainly the last time I step foot in that DUMP[:@]

Power, have you limited out on your Central WA bird yet They were pretty talkative last weekend until the shootin' started. I went last night and today and only heard to Gobbles, and they weren't to interested? Hopefully those Hens[:@] will be leaving soon...
Old 04-24-2004, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, I had training in CA all last week and just got back at midnight last night so no turkeys for me yet. THe first weekend was frustraiting but will be out there tomorrow. Too many people the first 4 days. Wish I could have gone today but wife and house were needing me. Hopefully I can get away from the crowds and find some birds but no time tonight to go put one to bed so I'll have to fake it.

Good luck Trapper and let me know if you have any extra's up your way!
Old 04-25-2004, 12:19 PM

Extras? As far as the Toms, opening weekend, we heard probably at least a dozen different toms on just two ridges, and only two shots, ours and one other. So I don't think a lot got taken, I don't notice many guys getting out of their rigs either. And these ridges aren't even the ones I went on during the youth hunt(where we heard a dozen or so) So I don't think many toms have been bagged, I don't know how much pressure they get during the week, I didn't noticed much in the way of new footprints(human) out there so I think it's pretty light. The shots we did hear seemed to shut them down and I think right now it is typical a downtime for the gobbling in that area. I kick myself a little for not going today, last year on this weekend they were hushmouthed on saturday but were pretty talkative on sunday(the day I got mine) so I probably should be there but I needed to hang out with my Wife andDaughter a little,next weekend I'm going on a private land hunt in Rice with a tom that has about an 11 inch beard

Quick Reply: Seattle area hunters help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.