guiding school/ job in west >

guiding school/ job in west

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

guiding school/ job in west

Old 01-03-2004, 01:24 PM
pup

Default guiding school/ job in west

hi i am goind be be graduating from highschool soon and i am thinking of going to a archery guide school and getting a job as a guide. abd i am trying to findsome who does this so i can ask them a few question. anyone on here do that?
Old 01-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: guiding school/ job in west

I researched this before the time of kids and family and all. In the backs of alot of the hunting magazines there are guide schools. I cant remember which one it was but I imagine that they are still there. I called a number and spoke with a guy about it. Be ready for some hard but rewarding work. The jobs are usually seasonal but trails rides and fishing can fill the gaps. Good luck in your search, I hope this helps.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:24 PM

I also have seen the ads in many hunting magazines im sure if you call any of those numbers you could get some info

good luck in your search
Old 01-05-2004, 02:43 AM
Typical Buck

I would think if you wanted a job with a guide service, they would be the best sources to ask about guide schools. After all, they'll be the ones you are trying to impress when you finish your training. They should be able to tell you the better ones out there. Plus, you may make a contact for later use when you are job hunting for guide work.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:33 AM

Another thing you might do is got ahold of the outfitters assocations in different states and get some info from them. Outfitters have a hard time getting good help. Maybe some one will hire you and give you OJT.
Old 01-06-2004, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Save your money most guide schools are a joke. Talk to outfitters during the big horn sportsman show in Spokane. Most outfitters need to find at least one new hand every year.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:22 PM
pup

hey thanks a ton guys ill try some of those things out. and wolf killer ill be sure to do that, i LOVE THE BIGHORN SHOW .
Old 01-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-09-2004, 02:24 PM
pup

thanks rj. yea i think i will do that i havent really done much with pack animals and horse riding so that would be one of my down falls.[:'(] so thanks
Old 01-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get ready for some action when you start. I've been kicked, dragged,and stepped on. And if you don't know the answer, Just ask the clients. They usaully know it all. I have had the experience lately of doing swap hunts with guides from Alaska. Different world down here.

Quick Reply: guiding school/ job in west

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.