Utah Elk - Uintas North Slope/West Dagget >

Utah Elk - Uintas North Slope/West Dagget

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Utah Elk - Uintas North Slope/West Dagget

Old 05-07-2018, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Utah Elk - Uintas North Slope/West Dagget

Anybody ever hunted this unit?
If all works out, I'm hoping to do a trip for a backcountry archery elk hunt in the next year or two. Looks like some incredible country. Been looking at a number of local, Utah forums for some tips, looking at Utah DWR reports, and scanning Google Maps in topo and satellite modes. Also been thinking about gear (see other thread in this forum).
Any advice, experiences, resources, or willingness to exchange PM's will be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess this unit mustn't be as big with out-of-state hunters as it is with residents who get to go there for fishing the alpine lakes.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

I am not familiar with Utah at all, except for the fact I know there are coveted tags there that not many folks draw including a resident....have you checked the stats as far as how many NR tags are available, and what the chances of drawing are?
Old 05-22-2018, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's an OTC (general season) unit. Pretty decent success rate, too, considering how much of the unit is far away from any road.
http://www.backcountrychronicles.com...c-elk-permits/
Old 05-27-2018, 10:02 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by younggun308
Anybody ever hunted this unit?
If all works out, I'm hoping to do a trip for a backcountry archery elk hunt in the next year or two. Looks like some incredible country. Been looking at a number of local, Utah forums for some tips, looking at Utah DWR reports, and scanning Google Maps in topo and satellite modes. Also been thinking about gear (see other thread in this forum).
Any advice, experiences, resources, or willingness to exchange PM's will be greatly appreciated.
Utah DNR and several other websites publish free maps for 'Elk Limited Entry Hunt Units'. I've included few links below:

Here is the official Utah DNR website.

https://dwrapps.utah.gov/huntboundar...ID=625&TB=true
Old 05-27-2018, 10:05 AM
Spike

Here is another website you could use. You would have to enable the 'Elk Limited Entry Hunt Units'.

http://hunting-app.toposports.com/la...0984/-112.3692

Hope this helps.