Colorado - New To Hunting >

Colorado - New To Hunting

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Colorado - New To Hunting

Old 03-31-2018, 08:48 AM
Spike

Default Colorado - New To Hunting

Hey everyone I live in Denver and new to the whole hunting thing and I wanted to seek out some advice from people on the forums. I don't know where to start...

I have completed the Colorado Hunter Education. I want to start hunting, but I have no friends who hunt so I wouldn't even know how to start.

Thanks.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would start by making it known locally that you are a new hunter that wants guidance. The guys at the hunting and fishing section in the local sporting goods store, people at church, people at work, etc. You need to make some local contacts. Hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised at how helpful older hunters are to new hunters if they are shown some common sense, a friendly attitude, and a deep respect for the game.

It might be an easier path to start with small game hunting first. Folks are much less willing to share their favorite spots for deer than they are for rabbits.

Tell folks what game are you interested in chasing and the method that interests you most (shotgun, rifle, bow).
Old 04-06-2018, 02:06 PM
Spike

Sent you a PM