Pilot and CEO New To Hunting Looking For A Mentor >

Pilot and CEO New To Hunting Looking For A Mentor

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Pilot and CEO New To Hunting Looking For A Mentor

Old 09-02-2016, 08:53 PM
Spike

Default Pilot and CEO New To Hunting Looking For A Mentor

Hi,

Why I'm Here: Looking for someone who wants to go hunting.

Why Go With Me? Great question! I'm a pilot. Maybe you want to hunt somewhere remote or exotic only reachable by plane? Or maybe it just sounds cool to fly. Happy to trade my passion for yours.

My name is George, I'm originally from New Jersey but living for the past decade in California. I now live in Oakland. I've eaten meat my entire life. Every day something has to die for me to live but I have never killed anything. Weird as it is*, I want to experience killing something (ideally deer). I'm looking to try hunting.

Some Basics:

-I'm funny.

-I'm nerdy but kind of cool. I'm naturally nerdy but am solid on a dirt bike and fly planes. I love squeezing the adrenal gland.

-When I say "nerdy", my education is in Electrical Engineering and I have a great grasp of math and physics.

-I'm active. I walk on-average 10 miles a day. I love hiking, camping, snowboarding, trail riding.

-I grew up in machine shops and am fairly good with my hands. Good with tools.

EMAIL ME: [email protected]

I'm the dude on the right:
Old 01-12-2017, 01:50 PM
Spike

Totally went at this the wrong way
Old 01-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes he did. I would never take someone hunting who said he wanted to kill something as their reason to hunt! I would suggest getting a job in a chicken processing plant.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:00 AM
Spike

The problem is that someone/somewhere will take him to kill. He has no idea why and how to hunt. So education would be the first thing to get into his head.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Call me old fashioned but as a sailor I'm a lot more interested in taking the blonde in the back seat hunting than I am the guy on the right.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:21 AM
Spike

You just want the super long selfistick..
Old 01-13-2017, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Yes he did. I would never take someone hunting who said he wanted to kill something as their reason to hunt! I would suggest getting a job in a chicken processing plant.
What the heck is wrong with saying he wants to kill his food! We should help this guy out I'm sick and tired of people on these forums attacking people asking for help !
Old 01-13-2017, 09:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

" Weird as it is*,I want to experience killing something" this! Reading that post it, seems the killing for the op is more important than the hunting. Had he said he wanted to experience making his own food by hunting it would have been a different response. To me, that post is a red flag.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 01-13-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
" Weird as it is*,I want to experience killing something" this! Reading that post it, seems the killing for the op is more important than the hunting. Had he said he wanted to experience making his own food by hunting it would have been a different response. To me, that post is a red flag.
Splitting hairs a little bit I think...
Old 01-13-2017, 10:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't think so. All we have to go by is the words that were posted and the tone of the post. To me it shows no respect and complete disregard for the act of hunting and a flippant almost giddy attitude about killing wildlife. I have helped a lot of people start hunting, still do, but never one who exhibited the thought process put forth in the post. That is me, you are free mentor whoever you want. If I am alone in my opinion, I can live with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.