Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
New hunter here at Colorado GMU 38 >

New hunter here at Colorado GMU 38

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

New hunter here at Colorado GMU 38

Old 08-15-2015, 08:08 PM
Spike

Default New hunter here at Colorado GMU 38

I know that nobody wants to talk about exact units but any access info would be helpful. I just want some remote areas and I am not afraid of long hikes.

I am new hunter and will be hunting with my wife for muzzleloader season Deer at Colorado GMU38. Anybody has any info about that area.

For rifle season I will hunt with a group of friends at Elk GMU 18 second rifle season.

Any recommendations for the rookie, I have lots of experience with the guns(LEO, special teams) but no hunting background

thanks, a lot
Old 08-16-2015, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hang on. I want to get this straight. You chose to hunt with your wife in muzzleloader season with zero hunting experience. Then you're going with some friends in 2nd rifle, but won't be hunting yourself.

This is a bad plan. Why didn't you hunt with your friends who I assume have hunting experience?

Are you, and wife in good enough shape to haul out the meat from a bull elk from the mountains? Your hunt starts in a month.

My best advice is to turn in your muzzleloader tag, but an OTC tag, and hunt with your buddies.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:23 PM
Spike

I know that is not ideal but you have to start somewhere. I will be hunting with friends too. I have muzzle loader deer tag, and rifle elk tag. Yes, we are avid hikers and I am also on SWAT team, my hunting gun will be remington 700 police( so physical part doesn't bother me).

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Hang on. I want to get this straight. You chose to hunt with your wife in muzzleloader season with zero hunting experience. Then you're going with some friends in 2nd rifle, but won't be hunting yourself.

This is a bad plan. Why didn't you hunt with your friends who I assume have hunting experience?

Are you, and wife in good enough shape to haul out the meat from a bull elk from the mountains? Your hunt starts in a month.

My best advice is to turn in your muzzleloader tag, but an OTC tag, and hunt with your buddies.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry, I missed the deer in muzzy season. I thought it was for elk.