Colorado Gobbler >

Colorado Gobbler

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Colorado Gobbler

Old 04-13-2015, 10:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Colorado Gobbler

Hey everyone, just wanted to share this photo with you. I hope everyone is enjoying spring and finding reasons to get outside!

I filled my spring turkey tag this past Sunday around 8 am. I was hunting a place just outside of Ridgway Colorado at about 8,500 feet. This bird was very talkative and came in hot. My Dad dropped his bird the day before (opening morning) at a spot East of Montrose Colorado. Both areas were public land. Good luck to everyone else out in the turkey woods!

Old 04-14-2015, 04:42 AM
Fork Horn

Smile

Dang nice tom. My congrats.
Dan
Old 04-14-2015, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by longknife12
Dang nice tom. My congrats.
Dan
Thank you Sir!
Old 04-15-2015, 04:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice bird. Merriams right? I got this Rio last year in Yuma County:

I find myself in TX this spring but will probably take a Rio this fall when I come back for deer season. Fortunately I have access to a big ranch with lots of them.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:56 AM
Spike

nice
Old 04-15-2015, 07:14 AM
Spike

Nice bird! I went to Silt this past weekend and I didn't get a single call back all weekend or see a single bird. Hopefully this weekend will work out.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags
Nice bird. Merriams right? I got this Rio last year in Yuma County:

I find myself in TX this spring but will probably take a Rio this fall when I come back for deer season. Fortunately I have access to a big ranch with lots of them.
Nice looking bird! Yeah, both my bird and my Dad's are Merriams. I keep saying that I'm going to go to the other side of the state for a Rio.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SillyOlButt
Nice bird! I went to Silt this past weekend and I didn't get a single call back all weekend or see a single bird. Hopefully this weekend will work out.
I was curious how this season would go with it already being so warm. There is no snow at any of the places I usually hunt but I thought the birds were more talkative than they usually are, or usually are for me? More than the average amount of guys I know killed their birds on opening day around the Western Slope. An odd season around here but in the hunters favor it seems? Good luck on getting into the birds! I hope you drop one!
Old 04-22-2015, 08:45 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Westernspeed ! Nice looking bird, I got mine opening weekend also Sunday around 9:30. 9 inch beard and the first spurs I've seen on a Merriam 5/8 inch, S.W. Colorado.