Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
I want to learn to hunt in CO. >

I want to learn to hunt in CO.

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

I want to learn to hunt in CO.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

I'm in Wyoming now, but used to live in CO. If you want to hunt up here, I'll gladly help.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:46 AM
Banned

I would offer a small bit of advise.beware of going alone into the woods with anyone you hook up with on the internet.
if you do go make sure people know where you're going and who you're with.
I know this should go without saying but unfortunately common sense ain't to common anymore.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:40 AM
Spike

Default Fyi

You will definitely need the hunter course, so I would start there. When you complete that let the guys know on this forum. I am sure one of us can take you squirl, rabbit, or pheasant hunting to start off. The best way to hunt is to start small and research the area you want to hunt. My wife calls it hiking with a gun. The thing about these forums is that until we get closer to the hunting seasons they get a little stale. I am in Monument CO and know of the places down here in the southwest and the places by Burlington. I don't know much about the upper north. But the drive should not be too bad. Also as a precaution get the people you are going hunting with names and pictures and meet in a public place. You want a record of who takes you and pass that on to your parents or friends to keep you safe. Not that there are a bunch of trolls out there with guns but with the internet to meet people you never know about some people. You know woods.. alone..with someone you don't know. caution please..
Old 03-13-2015, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by txhunter58
Both you Muleys presume a lot. She doesn't need a boyfriend, just some good friends who hunt. Hope she finds them.
You mad, because you can't find a boyfriend?
Old 03-15-2015, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You offering to be his "boyfriend" Pete? LOL!
Old 03-15-2015, 06:23 AM
Banned

even those who hunt mules need some luvin.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Nope, I am happy with my one and only woman. She lets me go hunting any time I want and I give her my time , resources, and devotion.

But I said you presume because Elizabeth could be bent another way. It is pretty old school to presume that a woman needs a man to "help" her. A good mentoring woman who hunts would be just as good. Or a guy friend that hunts. She doesn't need a boyfriend that hunts to get this done.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

A boyfriend would devote more time to helping her. Plus, ...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 03-17-2015 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Rule # 1--Warning.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Typical Buck

Most of us in the Midwest started off on small game -- squirrels, rabbits, pheasants and such. Maybe consider that. Here's a couple links to organizations devoted to such things with chapters in Colorado:

National Wild Turkey Federation:
http://www.nwtf.org/colorado/

Pheasants Forever:
http://www.coloradopf.com/

I know the NWTF has programs oriented toward new hunters, and I'd bet PF does too.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd recommend you either look into the "Women Afield" program offered by DoW or consider a guided hunt if you can find one that won't break the bank. The former might introduce you to some like-minded women, the latter a bit more security than tagging along with someone you may not know that well (spoken as a father of a hunting/shooting daughter). You'll need to enroll in Hunter's Safety as well - it's usually the first course first-time hunters should concern themselves with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.