New coyote hunter in Colorado Springs

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

New coyote hunter in Colorado Springs

Old 01-03-2015, 10:51 PM
Spike

Default New coyote hunter in Colorado Springs

Hello Fellas,
I,m new to the forum and looking for some help on hunting yotes near the springs area. I'm active duty Army at Fort Carson. Been here about 4 years but deployments and other obligations have kept me from hunting.

Recently built an M4 and I would love to bust some dogs with it. I can call and have everything I need. The biggest obstacle is tracking down some land, but I would love to hook up with some experienced predator hunters in this area. If anyone could lend a helping hand or point an old Kentucky boy in the right direction, I would be grateful.

Happy Hunting!
Old 01-04-2015, 12:11 AM
Spike

Your in a good area for hunting in general. Plenty of good public land or just drive around and ask some property owners if you can shoot yotes on their property. Your chances of scoring private land that way is pretty high unless they are a predator hunter or a big game hunter and don't want you spooking off elk, deer, bear, etc. Or maybe just letting you on after the big game seasons. You can shoot yotes most of the year. If your respectful, well dressed, and explain who you are/your situation as active military etc and then ask I'm sure a few people may give you the ok. People are generally friendly out that way and maybe buy them a bottle of wine or something as a thanks if they allow you and the yote hunting is good.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:28 PM
Banned

Just head on base. Im a good friend with the 2 civilian wardens on Carson and as long as you have a down range pass they will tel you where to go and what parts are open, it takes the work load off of them as well. If you are looking to stay away from post then try knocking on some doors like turke said thats a good way of getting your face out there. Hell if you find a couple landowners who have a yote problem and you take care of it for them they might even let you back on for big game hunting, who knows. But there are definitly no animals what so ever in rampart range area lol, I wouldnt even waste my time going up there if I were you lol.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:41 PM
Spike

I know this post is a month or so old but have you had much luck Tuckerboy? I am moving to the springs in may from ohio so I have been doing some research about all the public land around there. seems to be quite a bit to the east. I am visiting beginning of march to check out some apartments and will probably bring my rifle and foxpro to try out some spots and track down some ranches to go knock on.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:05 PM
Spike

welcome kbuechl, there are some places in lincon county but they are about 2 hours away to east.. a lot of the public land gets hunted pretty hard. but you know that is what is great about the hunt.