2014 colorado archery elk partner

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

2014 colorado archery elk partner

Old 02-06-2014, 11:47 PM
Spike

Default 2014 colorado archery elk partner

Hello all.
I've been bow hunting for 3 years now (although the first and last year I only got 2 weekends to hunt for the seasons), and sadly I'm 0-3. I don't know anyone who bowhunts and I've been trying to figure this out solo. It would be awesome to find someone as dedicated as I am to hunt with.

I am 29 married and have 2 kids ,live east of longmont. I work 60 hours a week and hit the treadmill and weights every chance I get. I currently hunt I. The flat tops wilderness and due to limited time off work I used to hunt weekends, this year I am planning a week off. Last year was a crazy year for me and I was only able to hunt for 3 days. I hunt I. Unit 231 but am considering relocating, its been rather tough looking at new locations since I've spent 3 years on foot and know the terrain really well. But am open to any suggestions.

I would really like to find someone in good shape and willing to hike back into uncharted terrain . the first year of hunting I had was more of a camping trip, I spent half my day trying to get someone out of camp so I decided to go solo, finding someone willing to set the alarm for 4am is key. I don't spend much time at camp. I'm a bit of a rookie willing to do the research so let's figure this out together on a diy public land hunt.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:01 AM
Fork Horn

Just remember you need to lug that Elk back out from where
he drops, it's not an easy job.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:05 AM
Spike

Default archery antelope

Looking for reasonably priced archery antelope hunt . Have camper so just looking for set up on water hole.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:51 PM
Spike

It's rather funny....I've been hunting archery four years with three of those years in 231! Got bull pics on game cam but that was it...seemed like great environment, but elk were only out at about 9:30 PM and after! Got another 6X5 in unit 12 Muzzleloader last year and so it's back to OTC. I'm going to head to Durango area Unit 74 OTC for another archery attempt. First time in that unit and so going to pay an outfitter to put me in the middle of the San Juan Wilderness. It might be worth a try down south in Pagosa Springs area. I'm trying to stay clear of any ATVs....so focused on Wilderness Areas and hoof/foot places.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:50 AM
Spike

I put in for 59, 591 and 18 for deer so if you're hunting those areas then we might be able to get a hunt in and help with the pack out
Old 06-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Spike

Howdy, neighbor! I'm just across town from you and about the same age.

I'm more of a gun guy than an archer, but I'd be down to hook up for some scouting trips if you decide to change up your unit. I'll (hopefully) be hunting units 3 & 6. This is my first year, so we'll see how it goes.