Montana Drought Eases >

Montana Drought Eases

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Montana Drought Eases

Old 07-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default Montana Drought Eases

Thankfully the drought conditions that persisted in southern Montana have let up quite a bit. I live up on the high line and everything is so nice and green and the crops are doing great so far. But more importantly southern Montana in most areas has seen improving conditions over the last several months. I was in the Big Timber area over the weekend and was so happy to see the ranch I hunt looking so lush here in July. I was also happy to see quite a few whitetails back along the stream that runs through the place. Been a tough last couple of years for most wildlife in the area. I didnt have long to scout but did run into some elk, a few small bulls, nothing to get too excited about however. Anyone else in Montana seeing a big difference from last year to this year?
Old 07-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya. I watched a bachelor group of seven bucks feeding at 2 pm. Last yr they were trying to dig a hole in the ground trying to hide from the heat. Hopefully this year stays the way its going.