Rampart Range GMU 511 >

Rampart Range GMU 511

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Rampart Range GMU 511

Old 04-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Spike

Default Luck

Last time yall posted was 2011. I was wondering how your luck has been since then. I moved to Colorado Springs in Dec 2012. I hunted 511 during first Rifle Season. While scouting in Aug I had seen many cows and a few big bulls. during Sep all the Elk just vanished. I located my spot and stuck with it. Dispite everything that was told to me and what other friends had scouted, I kept my spot. I arrived on Thursday before opening day. Every day was a bust nothing came out and not even a bugle. Wednesday morning was cold as can be. think it got down to 19. by lunch the temp had flipped and was about 68. being so discouraged i gave it one last shot. I had 130 head of Elk walk in on me... It paid off to stick to my place. I have a nice 5/4 on my wall for my first Elk.

I put in for 511 for the 2014 Season. I also put in for a Bear Tag. I Noticed that you have been seeing lots of Bear out there. any Advice would be appreciated.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

Last year was a terrible year for bears in the area I hunt. I did see bears nothing I would shoot. Only had 1 big bear on camera all year. It only took them a week though to find my elk carcass and take it down to bone. I should start getting them on camera in the next few weeks but I was up there 3 weeks ago and there is 3 ft drifts in some areas so i doubt there out up there yet
Old 04-03-2014, 10:04 PM
Spike

I was out last weekend looking for sheds off of 309. Found a spike head. We seen lots of cows and a few nice bulls off of 307 and 307A. A guy from work told me that out by Rampart Dam there aee some nice Bear. Any hints on where I could start scouting or might find some decent Bears?
Old 04-25-2014, 05:58 PM
Spike

SSGRick how are you accessing 307,307A? I understand you may be active duty, but does Farish Rec. area allow the public to cross over to the east side of their property to gain access to Forest Roads on that side? I'm new to hunting the area, seen a heard of 30+ in the meadow today, about 40 near me in Divide and a few more near Phantom Creek. I'm out chasing spring turkeys and learning the area for the fall hunts.

Happy Hunting

Originally Posted by SSGRICK
I was out last weekend looking for sheds off of 309. Found a spike head. We seen lots of cows and a few nice bulls off of 307 and 307A. A guy from work told me that out by Rampart Dam there aee some nice Bear. Any hints on where I could start scouting or might find some decent Bears?
Old 05-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Spike

At corner of 307 and 300, keep going on 307. You will cross private property, ferrish and more private property. Then you will reenter national forrest on 307. How is the Turkey hunting out there?
Old 05-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Spike

Thanks, I actually had a chance to find this out last weekend, several other hunters were in there. We had a lot of action on 309 2 weeks ago but haven't been able to find them since then.

At corner of 307 and 300, keep going on 307. You will cross private property, ferrish and more private property. Then you will reenter national forrest on 307. How is the Turkey hunting out there?
Old 05-02-2014, 08:12 AM
Spike

I hunt Turkey on Fort Carson. Lots of action here just not commiting to decoys. When we were hunting elk up there we seen lots of tracks. There is a turn around with a trail on left side before you hit 307A. The trail heading to ferrish has a roost on it. Also down 307A on the right side there is a big open area that we seen signs. Do you have people to hunt with or do you go solo?
Old 05-02-2014, 08:22 AM
Spike

I'm hunting with my son (16). Plan to be out there in the morning.

I hunt Turkey on Fort Carson. Lots of action here just not commiting to decoys. When we were hunting elk up there we seen lots of tracks. There is a turn around with a trail on left side before you hit 307A. The trail heading to ferrish has a roost on it. Also down 307A on the right side there is a big open area that we seen signs. Do you have people to hunt with or do you go solo?
Old 05-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Spike

How far down on the right of 307A is the open area? We hunted about mid way down in some clearing on the right below the road. I think I know the spot on 307 with the trails, there were a few hunters in there so we moved on. The trail forks so your saying the one the left might have a roost? Have you taken a bird yet?

Old 05-02-2014, 08:42 AM
Spike

Here is my number 719-306-9971. Give me a call and i can give you more details.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.