Utah Limited Entry Draw - Unusual Circumstance >

Utah Limited Entry Draw - Unusual Circumstance

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Utah Limited Entry Draw - Unusual Circumstance

Old 02-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Spike

Default Utah Limited Entry Draw - Unusual Circumstance

I am seeking advice from someone with detailed knowledge of the Utah draw system.

I am a Utah resident, and find myself in an awesome but unique circumstance. That is that I am in a current waiting period for Utah limited entry elk (Manti Early 2009), limited entry deer (Bookcliffs any weapon 2010), and now I found out that I drew pronghorn tag in the Hunt Expo for 2011. Yes, I know this is a terrible situation to be in (sarcasm implied).

Before someone gives grief, and calls foul for my period of good fortune...prior to this I had 14 consecutive years of no success.

The Hunt Expo pronghorn may not be the best the state has to offer, and is a long way from home. But I know that I am fortunate to have recieved it outside of the state draw. Not being eligible to apply for Utah LE Elk, LE Deer, the question is should I apply for a more desired pronghorn tag in the state draw, and if successful then face the decision of which tag to return? Am I eligible to do this? If so, any recommended pronghorn units?