colorado GMU 511 >

colorado GMU 511

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

colorado GMU 511

Old 09-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default colorado GMU 511

I am getting ready to move to colorado springs. I been looking at possible places to hunt and that looks like the closest. Has anyone ever hunted in that area. Due to my frequent deployments i won't have much time to scout. I will try to hunt with a bow and rifle. Can anyone point me in the right direction in that area for the 2011 hunting season. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

511 is not bad for a local spot but there is a lot of land out here. Do some camping and ask questions once you move out here and places will come by you.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:32 PM
o_O
Spike

I hunt small game near Woodland Park but have seen very few deer or elk. I'm told it's not bad and area but a lot of people from the springs use it for recreation, tourists, quads, motorcycles etc. I believe near the 2002 Hayman burn is a place worth checking out in 511.

I got tags for near Kremmling (37/28) in November. My buddy bow hunts just north of there and there was a lot of elk and deer sign when I joined him last year (I wasn't hunting). He didn't go this year as he has a newborn. It's only 3 hours so from the Springs, in range for an overnighter. I plan to drive up after work Friday and sleep next to the car and, scout all day Saturday and come back Sat or Sunday evening after dark. Home by 10pm. It's not a bad drive if the roads aren't snowed up.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Typical Buck

As mentioned before there is a lot of recreation use in that area. If you are willing to get deep into the burn area where most people don't go you can get into some game. There are a lot of road hunters that hunt that unit.