Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
how about a nevada hunters thread?? >

how about a nevada hunters thread??

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

how about a nevada hunters thread??

Old 09-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck on the hunt charlie brown sounds like it should be a great time.

Ive got question for either of you - has either one of you ever hunted 202 205 or 206. My dads buddy drew that area for deer then called and asked if I would help him out. He dont get around to good and I have never been there. I really am not lookin for your secret spots but just curious which of the 3 units you would focus on. I cant even begin to go look at the area until Oct 20th.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know nothing about area 20.

I did get my elk tag filled this year on the hunt though. Missed a couple deer, and my dad was not able to fill either of his tags.

I was by myself when I got the elk, and 5 hours later had it at my 4 wheeler in 5 pieces.

Saw some decent bulls on the trip, but not a lot of elk overall. It was some tough hunting with the heat and the full moon.

Later,

Marcial
Attached Thumbnails how about a nevada hunters thread??-sany0221.jpg   how about a nevada hunters thread??-sany0210.jpg   how about a nevada hunters thread??-sany0204.jpg   how about a nevada hunters thread??-sany0233.jpg   how about a nevada hunters thread??-sany0230.jpg  

Old 10-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Spike

congrats on the elk. a solo elk hunt can be tough hunt for sure.
as far as hunting in area 20. the mts. west of walker are steep but hold some good deer . what season does he have?
Old 10-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

congrats on the elk hunt. the 202 205 206 hunt is a november hunt. Im headed up this weekend to do some looking around. I ran into a guy from gardnerville that was deer hunting in 151 and I put him on some descent bucks. He said if there isnt any weather the deer wont move into the areas my dads buddy has. Im kinda curious if this is gonna be the case. Anyway thanks for the info.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Spike

Well I'm not from NV but am a NV hunter. My Pop lives in CC and he got a deer tag for group 11-13 this year. We went out last week to Mosquito dry lake in group 11. Spent a week up there and we saw lots of deer. All except 2 were doe's. There was one spiked buck and one button horn buck, neither of which we wanted to take home. For what ever reason the larger bucks were not in the area.

Beautiful area though, had never been there before. The Pronghorn are everywhere. We watched herds of 20+ antelope down on the lake bed with the spotting scopes. Several nice sized bucks in the groups too.

Got to see a handful of wild horses and a seriously healthy looking coyote too.

It was a really fun trip, would definitely do it again.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

rgs - just remember that the "button bucks" are not legal bucks. They are antlerless deer, and not legal during the antlered hunt.

If you were finding a lot of deer, you should be finding some of the bigger bucks soon on that hunt.

Later,

Marcial
Old 11-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Spike

looking forward to the cow elk hunt this sat. in area 7.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out on this last snow storm and managed to put up a lion with a friend. We each had two dogs on the race. She had kittens, so we let her go. Quick race, and made for a fun day.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here are a couple pix.
Attached Thumbnails how about a nevada hunters thread??-resied.jpg   how about a nevada hunters thread??-smokey-lion.jpg  
Old 11-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Spike

thats a very cool pic. i buy a tag every year and have seen a few cats while i was deer hunting or fishing but never got a shot. some day i will get a mt. kitty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.