Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
I got a bow this year and put in for elk since its pretty much impossible to draw a d >

I got a bow this year and put in for elk since its pretty much impossible to draw a d

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

I got a bow this year and put in for elk since its pretty much impossible to draw a d

Old 07-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Spike

Default I got a bow this year and put in for elk since its pretty much impossible to draw a d

I got a bow this year and put in for elk since its pretty much impossible to draw a decent rifle hunt in New Mexico anymore and drew unit 2B. I have never been on an elk hunt before but I am somewhat familiar with that area of New Mexico having grown up near there and it really never seemed like elk country to me even though I have read that it is a decent unit. The hunt is Sept. 1-15 (which also seems really early to me) and I was hoping some one had some insight on how to go about this or any areas I could try out. Thanks
Old 07-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

I dont know that area but that should be close to the rut. Get some good calls and practice a bit. Good luck.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Unit 2 is not that hard to draw. Are you resident or non? I think res odds were about 25% and NR 60% last year. Either way it beats the hell out of no tag like me. I suggest going to MM & Bowsite and searching through the archives for past advice.

Congrats & Good luck.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Spike

It is a resident tag. thanks
Old 07-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Spike

Alright thanks