Wyoming Antelope hunting >

Wyoming Antelope hunting

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Wyoming Antelope hunting

Old 03-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Spike

Default Wyoming Antelope hunting

I live in Indiana and would like to come out to Wyoming antelope hunting. I want to do a "do it yourself" type hunt. I would like a little info if possible. I would like to know what areas where there is public land or land to hunt for a small fee which has leftover tags are the best areas. Any info you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. I plan on coming out during rifle season unless someone knows of a good area with water that I could bow hunt. Thanks
Old 03-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Fork Horn

Contact the Wyoming Dept. of Game & Fish in Cheyenne. They'll give you all of the info you need regarding areas and tags. I think the rifle draw had to be in by March 15 but they have loads of left over tags in many areas. They also include a list of ranchers who will give you access, many for free. Good luck.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Look at area 23 and 24, they usuallly have left over tags. Possibly even 7 but I am not sure on that one.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you don't go this year, buy a preference point at least so next year you'll have a much better chance to draw an area.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Spike

I went out there last october, it was absolutly awesome. I hunted in buffalo on some public land called crazy women and there were a few other public areas around that i tried out. I missed a really nice buck antelope there. You could do that or you had to ask land owners to hunt by paying them what they called a tresspassing fee which was in the range of $100-$200' range.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Spike

I bought a leftover tag for area #30, Anyone ever hunting this area or know of any public land or good ranches to hunt on? Thanks
Old 07-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Spike

This website might be a starting point. Just pick the animal typt and the units will come up, click the land ownership and you can adjust the color just below. It will show all public land in that unit.
http://sunlight.wygisc.uwyo.edu/hunt...electedIndex=1

Here is an example of some landownership around Douglas posted on their Chamber of Commerce website: http://www.jackalope.org/Douglas/DouglasHunting.html
Hope this helps
Old 07-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Spike

Thanks I appreciate it.