CO 3rd season blunders! >

CO 3rd season blunders!

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

CO 3rd season blunders!

Old 11-04-2009, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default CO 3rd season blunders!

Well the season ends fri and it's lookin like I'm gonna eat tag soup. This weekend was interesting. Sat morning I was sitting over lookin a canyon. A shot rang out 400 yds away. Didn't even know he was there. A hunter took down a 6 x 6 headed in my direction.

Then I find out a non-typical 6 x 6 with caribou like tops I was hunting was killed during the 2nd season. So upset I scouted and found really fresh sign and set up early before light on Sun. just as the sun crested I watched a moron stop his truck and shoot at turkeys taking 5 shots. There went that stand. So I decided to get up and still hunt up the ridge. When I crested the top I was over lookin a huge basin with moutains all around it. As I was taking in the view I spot two orange things in the middle of the basin. I threw up the glasses and low and behold two bulls. A 5x5 and a 6x6 moving to their daylight hideout. I ran down the hill through some pines up a hill and right into a 100 ft drop off. All i could do was watch these two monsters walk into the treeline about 700 yds away. I set up on them in the evening only to have Apache helos buzz the basin for training. This is on Ft Carson.

I might go out fri hopefully no one ran off the two bulls.

Elk experts help me out. If those 2 bulls havn't been bothered. If I go out fri do u think they'll use that same basin to cross?