colorado help

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

colorado help

Old 10-07-2009, 10:00 AM
JT
Spike

Default colorado help

I need some advice. We are planning on hunting mule deer with the bow during the week of Thanksgiving. We want to get leftover tags for GMU in the plains that has some halfway descent public land. Any advice would be appreciated!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:34 AM
JT
Spike

Any deer in the Commanche National Grassland?
Old 10-08-2009, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Probably "some" deer in the Commanche's, but that's some tough country to hunt with a bow. Have you verified that there are still left over tags for that area?
Old 10-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check the plains deer license dates as there are two seasons and have different dates than the rest of the state.
The late season is almost always the best and the season date for it is Dec 1 to Dec 14.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by JT
Any deer in the Commanche National Grassland?
I'm currently antelope hunting the CNG in unit 139, seen nooo antelope yet but did see some big whitetails. May I suggest unit 144 if there's tags( a local told me it was better than 139). Also get yourself a CNG map from the BLM office in Pueblo La Junta or Springfield for $9.00, as the CNG is NOT a continuous piece of land as a Natl Forest might be. It's section here and two section thar and a three section over yonder, and a bit of a pain to hunt and do a good job of keeping off the private ranches. But the hunting isnt hard physical labor style. ANd it's beatufil country if like to see and be seen for 9 miles in any direction. Good luck.