Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 DIY Speed Goat >

DIY Speed Goat

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

DIY Speed Goat

Old 04-07-2009, 04:44 PM

Default RE: DIY Speed Goat

Thanks Elknutz I am planning on useing montana decoys the pond i am hunting on is in a walkin area 1 1/2 miles from any roads i planned on useing 3 doe & one buck decoy what do you think,
Old 04-08-2009, 04:51 AM
Typical Buck

Ahhh... probably way to much. It's not to actually draw them over to the pond they are going to come anyway. It's a confindence thing. I have not had good luck with the buck decoy. At that time the bucks are so horny they will run any doe they see. The does get real nervous having a immature(which thats what the montana is) around. If theyare nervous they won't come to the water and offer a shot. Theyusually hang out at 80 yards and wait for the buck to leave.We use a single doe butt decoys as you can see in the picture. They will walk right up to the water right next to it. We have had them hang around the waterhole and wait for the decoy to get done drinking.
I am going to get a flambeau full body feeding deer doe decoy this year. I am going to paint her to look just like an antelope doe. It will be the ish! Thinking of even fully flocking her so she has nice velvet fur.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: INBOWMAN

Thanks Elknutz I am planning on useing montana decoys the pond i am hunting on is in a walkin area 1 1/2 miles from any roads i planned on useing 3 doe & one buck decoy what do you think,
Just from a safety standpoint, I would not recommend using any decoys on public land during rifle season.... No joke, the game wardens around here do that type of stuff to catch illegal activity - you don't want to know how many people just start blasting at stuff....