Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 New Guy from Arizon >

New Guy from Arizon

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

New Guy from Arizon

Old 03-10-2009, 04:11 PM

Default New Guy from Arizon

Whats up guys and gals my name's Ryan and I live in North Phx.

I just purchased a Savage Model 110 7mm and a Remington 870 12 gauge. I've really never been hunting before but I would like to get into it. I will most likely be dove hunting and maybe some coyote/boar.

If anyone else is in Phoenix or even arizona hit me up, I need to learn everything possible .
Old 03-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New Guy from Arizon

Welcome aboard, Pizza!!

Get to know the AZ hunting regs...that should be your first step! Get your rifle sighted in, get comfortable with your 870 and go hunting! Sorry, I'm in Nevada so I can't join you!
Old 11-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Pizza. Welcome.

I'm a transplant from Pennsylvania, but now live in Gilbert, AZ. I only have a little experience hunting here in AZ, but i would suggest you pick up your license and start looking for hunts that you are interested in. Remember, you have to be a resident for 1year in order to get a resident license.

Other than a few over the counter tags, and some species that have pretty open seasons, you will need to start putting in for the draws. Some are extremely hard to get unless you have a lot of accumulated points for a species, some not so much.

I actually just got drawn for my first hunt (archery Javelina). I'm pretty stoked!

Good luck!
Old 12-31-2009, 08:07 AM
Spike

Hi, I'm from Queen Creek, and have been in this state for a bit over 3 years now. I can tell you a few places where to put in for draw tags. Elk is due the 9th of Feb, so get a booklet , and put in. I got drawn for Elk this past fall, so in can happen to anyone with no bonus points. That Savage will knock anything here on it's butt with good bullets. Good hunting
Old 12-31-2009, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome! Like stated, check out the states DNR website and familiarize yourself with the rules/regs. I think you may have a little trouble finding boar in that area. Maybe Javalena but I doubt you'll find feral hogs.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

welcome pizza to site and to the state. 1st off get some rules and regs, you have to be a resident of the state for 6 mo. to get a resident license. if you fish also then get the hunt and fish, it saves money late when or if you like trout. there are feral hogs here east of tucson and south of i-10, all you need is a hunting license( no tag required) don't quote me i don't think that there is a limit. go to www.azgfd.gov for online rules and regs. get yourself into a hunter safety course to gain an extra bonus point for the draw system, even if you've already had one. i've been hunting here since i moved here in '86 so i have a good idea of what and where to hunt. send me a pm (personal message) if i can be of any assistance