Ekalaka Montana >

Ekalaka Montana

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Ekalaka Montana

Old 08-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Typical Buck

Default Ekalaka Montana

Has anyone ever deer hunted in this area (SE portion of the state)?
Old 08-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ekalaka Montana

C'mon guys....will all the experience in here, you mean to tell me that NO ONE has hunted in this part of Montana? Any advice would be helpful, thanks in advance.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

antelope hunted that part of the state last year.

Saw alot of deer at dusk/dawn. I think you'll do fine.

If you can get some leftover doe tags, I'd buy as many as you could and help do a little deer management....

Old 08-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

spent 3 days there in 06 season, focusing on antelope early Oct, but saw quite a few mulies-- mostlysmall groups of 3-4, somenice bucks. lots of good areas, diverse, they werent far from draws,river bottoms,agri fields--also, we hunted all block mgt. good luck.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds good, I appreciate that guys...also, was there alot of pressure there?
Old 08-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

in town you'll run into a bunch of hunters. I'd hunt opening weekend none the less. I think most guys tend to hunt private land there, least everyone I spoke to seemed to be.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

How was your experience there with the locals/other hunter? we'll be there about a week after opening day, hopefully there wont be too much pressure.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

In town, in the shops, restaurants etc....mostly ran into non-res' hunting....

out in the field ran into some montanians, but no locals really etc...there's quite a bit of land to hunt out there, alot of public, and friendly landowners from what I hear, only hunted public, but in the future would certainly knock on doors, or look up there hunter access program they have in MT< forget what its called....hmmm, ?

Openers are sundays in MT< talk about wierd, so that 1week alater may be the opener to many.....perhaps more so....since thatll be the first full weekend.....of hunting.

Either way I wouldn't worry too much. I'd line up a motel room now though.....

For muleys, there are even some whitetails in the area, saw a very nice whiteail buck while I was out there, but probably saw way more muley bucks than whitetails, either way, should be a fun deer hunt. I wouldn't be holding out for monster bucks, but a fun hunt for sure.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds good, thanks for your help and good luck this season. By the way, why are you saying not to hold out for a monster buck? alot of pressure in the area?
Old 08-23-2008, 06:38 PM

I've hunted just in South Dakota from Ekalaka. I have abuddy that has some cabins 1 mile into SD. If you are archery hunting there is state land near the cabins in SD or we offer hunting on the ranch. There is also some state land scattered through out that area including some areas bordering the Little MIssouri River. I seen some good bucks there heading to the ranch two days before rifle season started.

Quick Reply: Ekalaka Montana

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.