Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

WY Hunting

Old 06-04-2008, 04:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default WY Hunting

My son is in the Airforce and just got stationed at Warner AFB in Cheyenne.I'm thinking about going there in the fall to hunt with him. Can somebody direct me to a good WY website on local hunting or fill me in on what game is available and when the season is. Both of us havehunted turkey and bowhunt whitetail deer in Western NY.
Thanks,
Gary
Old 06-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WY Hunting

I'd read up on some WY regs first, see if you can hunt big game this year through an outfitter etc....I believe all of the draws have ended, though you can certainly get a leftover tag for something....otherwise I think your only option would be with an outfitter tag/license.

Wyoming Game and Fish, google it.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://gf.state.wy.us/

Most of the draws are done, what you're likely going to want to look for are the "Leftover Draws" (deer, antelope, and elk) which I believe opens July 10 and closes July 20.

The guys behind me during spring turkey season were buying their nonresident spring turkey licenses over-the-counter, I think those are also available OTC in the fall. I don't think you can buy a NR big-game tag OTC.

Would definitely read the regulations - they should be available online, too. Might not hurt to find some USGS quads of the area(s) you think you may want to hunt.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:34 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the information...I looked on the internet under Wyoming conservation and didn't find game and fish.Sometimes it's easier to post here than seach the internet.I hadan outfitter send me an email, so I may go that route. Depends on the cost, availablity and my work schedule. I hoping!
Old 06-05-2008, 04:50 AM

You'll have a good change at some of the left over tags this year, There should be some left over type 1 antelope north of Cheyenne that a couple of phone calls will get you places to hunt plus the walk on areas.
Deer could be a bit hard most of the regoin tags will be gone and it will be White tail only, they'er good hunts but access is hard.

There will be left over Cow elk tags and a good chance at reduced price cow/calf tags.
PM me and give me an idea what you want to hunt.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

This site will guide you to wherever you need to go. Go to the top of the page and click on "Resources" then click on DNR listings and go to Wyoming.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:25 PM

Leftover Tags for Wyoming will not be posted on their site until the middle of July.
Just type "Wyoming Fish and Game" in either the Yahoo or Google search and you will find their site.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

Always doe antelopetags left over....
Old 06-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

http://gf.state.wy.us/

try that.