Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Colorado Turkey Hunters >

Colorado Turkey Hunters

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Colorado Turkey Hunters

Old 04-02-2008, 10:33 AM

Default RE: Colorado Turkey Hunters

jfaith8061, you say the Army brought you here? Fort Carson is an excellent source for Turkeys! They are all over down range!Only problem is ALL THE RED TAPE!

I hunted Fort Carson for years it has a lot of turkeys and hunters but less hunters after the first wkend. If anyone plans to hunt it andwants to know what units hold the best turkey hunting let me know. Warning! Fort Carson is a dangerous place a lot of FOOLS hunt there so be Careful!!!!!

Rampart also has turkeys but I have never hunted it, I know people who have scouted it and heard some. The Air Force academy has turkeys so maybea good place to look would be on the w. border of the academy.
I hunt SW Co.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:53 AM

I didn't feel like going through all the red tape that hunting on fort carson entails. thanks for the information
Old 04-03-2008, 10:30 AM

I will be hunting the foothills near Denver. From what I have seen the past few weeks looks like my hike will be about 100 yards or so.... My favorite call is a custom made slate call. I will be using my new T/c turkey gun here. This weekend I'm headed to NE with the bow.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:00 PM

what part of nebraska you headed?
Old 04-05-2008, 03:21 PM

My usual place is also not far in maybe1/4 mile in with little hunting pressure, I get a gobbler every year but I want more ofa challengeand am going deeper in this year. I also want a place far enough back in that most hunters wont want to walk it in case more hunters find my usual place.

Hard to believe where I hunt is not crawling with hunters but I have only seen one other in all the time I am in the woods.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

I'll hunt near Pueblo for sure, hopefully with camelcluch
Old 04-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Typical Buck

I woas wondering when you were going to answer this thread. I will call when I get back from Kansas.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Spike

I am new to Colorado and this is my first turkey season. I was wondering if someone could help me find some good public land. I have been looking in Fremont Co and have seen very few birds. thanks
Old 04-06-2008, 06:12 PM

bpatte64,
Go to the Colorado Division of Wildlife web site, lots of info there.
Rampart is good, Fort Carson is good if you don't mind red tape and it is a bit dangerous with someinconsiderate hunters thathunt there. Hyway 67 from woodland park north is good, west of Monument is good and so much more! Look for water and ridges.

Good luck! Most of all have fun and be safe!
Old 04-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bpatte64

I am new to Colorado and this is my first turkey season. I was wondering if someone could help me find some good public land. I have been looking in Fremont Co and have seen very few birds. thanks
Cross the river bridge on rt 115 goin to Florence. STOP !!! Left side of the road is a small piece of BLM land that is turkey city. Its right nexct to the bridge on east side of the road. South of that is horses and priv land so dont shoot the nags.

ORgo to Texas Creek on rt 50, turn left. Go to Hillside. Turn right on the dirt road that goes to Balman Reservoir and the Lutheran Camp. Bear left before the Lutheran Camp go a mile and park anywhere. On the right side of the road, the mtn side, is good turkey hunting.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Colorado Turkey Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.