Alaska Thread >

Alaska Thread

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Alaska Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Alaska Thread

Pat, maybe, but good luck seeing them. The closer to the power plant you could get I would reckon so. If you really wanted to fish them, I'd wait till mid may after the push some grayling out of one of my lil holes of the main steam chena. A lil back water eddy/slough that goes a good 15 yards back in. They push the grayling out and stack up in there.

Btw, is your last name McCabe?
Old 03-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Typical Buck

that is a good idea about may but since some of the seasons close in april that could present a problem.
yes my last name is mccabe, why do you ask?
-pat
Old 03-28-2004, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

just curious....I've been hearing your name here and there in regards to the issues at hand.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:07 AM

Hey Nim - Did you get any nibbles on the boat? With the weather starting to get sort of Spring-like (in between snow squalls), I could crank out a couple of the full-page color ads, laminate them and hang them up for you down at the Harbors. I don't think they lasted too long without lamination the last time I posted them - the one over in Douglas was gone the next time I looked - just the thumbtacks remained! [:'(]

I getting ready to leave for Portland and then on to TX this weekend for turkeys. This will be my first visit to the Lone Star State. As usual I'm all excited about the turkey opportunity, checking gear, checking my lists, and etc. I'm taking 2 weeks off work for a change. I will also get a crack at some Oregon turkey on private land when it opens on the 15th before I have to come home on the 19th. I've got the digital camera on two of my lists - hopefully I can remember and get some pics of some turkey production to post when I get back!
Old 04-02-2004, 11:30 PM
Typical Buck

phish- no nibbles on the boat, few calls last year but not much. i will be putting back up for sale in may when i get it in the water. i will give you a shout then and see if you can put flyers out thanx. i'm in calif. and hope to get out for turkey my buddy here scouted yesterday and not a gobble heard or feather seen. good luck on your hunt hopefully we can swap photos when we return[8D] - pat
Old 04-10-2004, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

well i'm back from ca. hunted turkeys 1-1/2 days kinda .....have to stop hunting at 4pm [:-] . all the toms we saw were on private land and could not hunt them. saw a bobcat, 10-12 yards, camera was in trunk. pretty cool , the first one i have ever seen. got my new ROKON last night . have not ridden it very much yet . i know it will do alot more than i can (dare) to try with it.[]
-pat
Old 04-13-2004, 02:00 PM

Hey, Pat, guess what?! I took and passed the IBEP on Saturday! I'm pretty excited about it!
Old 04-15-2004, 01:45 PM
Typical Buck

JUNO GRL- CONGRATS- THE BEARS WILL BE IN TROUBLE THIS SPRING.
HOW RE YOUR FEET DOING SINCE YOUR SURGERY.
I GOT MY SON-IN LAW IN COLO. A BOW AT THE ABA BANQUET AND SENT IT TO HIM HE GOT IT ALL SET UP, FIRST HOUR OF PRACTICE HE SHOT A ROBINHOOD. [8D] MY DAUGHTER GOT THE INTEREST IN ARCHERY AGAIN AND WE SENT HER $$ FOR HER BIRTHDAY TO HELP GET A NEW BOW, SHE IS SHOOTING ALSO, I DON'T EXPECT HER TO HUNT BUT HER HUBBY IS COMING UP FOR SPRING BEAR. IT WILL BE GREAT AS HE HAS NEVER BOW HUNTED AND ONLY RIFLE HUNTED DEER 2 DAYS 2 YEARS AGO. IS ONE STITCH DOWN THERE OR IS HE UP NORTH.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:03 PM

I figure i been on here long enough i should make a post. Im down in Sitka. Just wanted to say hi to all you other fellow alaskans.

Kev
Old 04-19-2004, 10:14 AM

SeAk is at work--comes home next week. My achilles are slowly but surely healing (and I do mean slowly). I'm going to physical therapy twice a week, and have been getting back into the gym. Casually walking one mile is nothing like my jogging 4 miles before last summer, but I figure I gotta start somewhere! If I get a chance at a bear, I'm probably going to use my rifle...it was my Grandpa's (he gave it to me in October), and both my father and my uncle used it to take their first deer when they were about 14. So, sentimental. Plus, I think I'd just be a little more confident with that until I practice more with the bow. (And, to that end, I even need to invest in my own bow! I've been using my mom's!)

Quick Reply: Alaska Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.