Alaska Thread >

Alaska Thread

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Alaska Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 11:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Alaska Thread

JUNO GRL- YEA VALLEY BOY I LIKE THAT. [>:][:-] TOMMY ONE STITCH THE VALLEY BOY....OH HE IS GOING TO LIKE THESE[8D]
Old 02-24-2003, 09:34 AM

Seems I may have opened up a little can of worms here!!

ABM - Maybe 3 or 5 or 7 on the missing arrow report shooting at reds, but may I point out the other side of that, with 15 Ptarmigan and 1 goose using 1 arrrow!! By the way, that goose was a head shot at 60 yards!!! But I think you are right, there are some things that are best left alone, such as " That camp should be around here somewhere....Hmmm lets go back and look somewhere else" right you " sacrilegus........." !!

Juno grl/Nim - Well the house may be in the Valley, but that is a rental unit and I am just taking money from those Valley people the way I see it!! (yes I have convienintly forgotten that I lived in it for 3 years). The boats are all on Douglas Island, that ha to count for something!!! There are probably some things I know about one of you that would make good conversation around here. but I will have to wait until this flack has layed down a bit before I bring up kitchen accedents!!

Juno grl/Phish - Do either of you know when the King Crab season ends in the Juneau area??? I will be down in April and am hoping that it is still open... Wouldn' t mind haveing a nice fresh King Crab for a meal!!!!!
Old 02-24-2003, 10:58 AM

Ah, jeez, SEAK, you had to go there, didn' t you. Hey, all I can say is that that avocado was attacking me, and it was self-defense. That wiley avocado just jerked away at the last minute, causing blood loss on my part. I did finally kill it though.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:12 AM

By the way, king crab season is over March 31.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:25 AM

Thanks for welcome everyone.

The moose was shot in 21e during a two week winter hunt. I got it between Aniak and Holy Cross.

I shot the musk ox on Nunivak last weekend. I stood in line here in Bethel to get the cow tag. Yes, the meat is awesome. We have had a roast and two packages of steak already.

Arctic Bow Man, thanks for editing that link. I' m not that great at getting pictures or links to show.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:12 PM

King Crab update--just got an e-mail. They' re closing king crab season this Sunday (March 2) at 11:59 p.m. Bummer. Better go out and get' em this week!
Old 02-24-2003, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

question on cooking dungys,

we cooked some up, all the meat stuck inside to the outer shell, I have never heard or seen this happen before. Any reason for this?

Old 02-25-2003, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

should just say shell. I am thinking it might have been they were still frozen when I cooked them? Any idea' s as to why this happened?
Old 02-26-2003, 01:48 AM

SEAK - Boy, they are sure giving you a ride aren' t they! ' Course I knew it would be easy to get them started - LOL. Brother Mike seems to be doing fine. He is putting in a lot of miles doing laps in the malls, and has started in on some engine projects (which is a good sign).

I had a great time over in Sitka, but I suspect I got there just in time to kill the bite. I brought a nice 22-pounder back home with me along with some blackcod " tips" and will have some fine eating for awhile. Yesterday it was too snarly to fish - SE at 35 kts and confused seas, so we got out far enough in Sitka Sound to know we didn' t want to go any further and turned around. We were hopping around pretty good even with a the stabilizers in the water! But the day before it was a beautiful ocean and my buddy and I had a great visit.

And. . .I hate to burst your bubble SEAK, but I recently moved back over to the eastern side of the Bridge, and can' t believe how much I missed the afternoon sun! Its nice being able to walk to work, the gym, the grocery store, and etc. Also, being from Tee Harbor, I always thought I WAS an aristocrat, compared to everyone else in the Juneau area!

Welcome to the Board, Kusko and Juno Gal! Nice looking m/o, Kusko. And we really do talk hunting on here most of the time - in between ribbing each other a lot!
Old 02-26-2003, 09:53 AM

Phish--So, you' re a former Outie who understands the prestige of living out the road, but who now lives downtown and appreciates the afternoon sun? I knew I liked you.

Quick Reply: Alaska Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.