Alaska Thread

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Alaska Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Alaska Thread

Nim,

Yup you are right. Its on Eielson. Wainwright has no club, they can' t get something organized to pick there noses over there. Its a shame too, they have 2 outdoor ranges that I would say less then 10 of us knows anything about. Actually they did for a bit till some major came along and gave our 3000 bucks worth of 3d targets over to eielson because " no one on base was using them" . Guess he should have asked before he spoken. I' ll see about getting you a contact for the group tomorrow. The president has changed since it started really going again not long ago. They ended up with the techno hunt from Fox Sports Dens old place. Shoot in the barracks basement in one of the officer barracks.

That works Se Ak, but realize I am not a member of the ABA. I know North Pole Archery is or was pushing them before the banquet. No one from the shop showed up though, kind of suprised me. Heck no one from the 3 shops up here came down at all. At one point we were making it known at our IBEP courses. I' ll see if we cant get a flier put into the packet, its the perfect place to advertise for the cause!
Old 03-23-2003, 12:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

still no word on Far Norths info. I was hoping to hear back from a buddy of mine before this weekend...I' ll have to stop by his shop on monday after work.

No Paige at the banquet either....Guess Troy didnt go so she didnt either. Was hoping he would go so I could check out that bighorn of his again....for those of you who dont know Troy G. His bighorn story is in the latest issue of Easton Bowhunting Journal.

Your in luck Nimrod. I didn' t get the presidency for GNAA. The fella who did get it I wouldnt have ran against. Great man with whom I have a lot of respect for. Hopefully he can start the patch work between ABA and GNAA.

Also that ASAA guy was there and gave some heated speech. I can say it was good to a certain point but was getting almost a little rude by the end. (north vs south issues). Lots of walls went up after a bit of feeling like an open wound being poured on with salt. I think what folks need to realize is there is a ton of new blood and stuff to that nature does nothing but turn them off. 3 new people at my table none of which who even remotely understood the ABA vs GNAA gig were turned off by it. I can only imagine the thoughts of the rest.
Old 03-23-2003, 12:38 AM
Typical Buck

LIL HUNTER - YOU LOST ME THERE, WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT I' M IN LUCK????
I' M SURPRISED PAIGE DID NOT MAKE IT TO THE DINNER I KNOW SHE WAS PLANNING ON GETTING UP THERE - PAT
Old 03-23-2003, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

if so you might see my lil face around more often.
I aint president so I wont be around much! I might be down for a few shoots this summer...all depends on a job.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

some contacts for Far North on Eielson.

John Storm 377-6121
Derek Crowder 377-1489
William Mitchell 377-2156

btw, I think they are all work numbers....
Old 03-24-2003, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

THANX LIL HUNTER I WILL JOT THOSE DOWN
-PAT
Old 03-25-2003, 11:40 PM

We' ve got our black bears starting to show up down here. The last few days have been relatively warm and the results are already beginning to show up in the police blotter. The garbage bears are getting back on the job! [8D]
Old 03-26-2003, 02:34 AM

Phish-On,

If you take a bear down there, remember to post pictures! I think we got another few more weeks before we' ll start seeing anything.
Old 03-26-2003, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

ISN' T THAT EVEN A LITTLE EARLY FOR THERE?......THE KENAI PEN. HAD BEAR SIGHTINGS BACK IN FEB.....THEY PROBABLY GOT FLOODED OUT OF THEIR DENS AND THEN THE WEATHER GOT COLD AGAIN AND THEY WENT BACK TO SLEEP. BUT IT IS PRETTY COOL THAT IT' S STARTING AGAIN.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:34 AM

Garbage bears already? I was out of town all last week....winter when I left, but gorgeous spring when I returned! I don' t know Phish--I think they' ve predicted to rain the last three days, but I' m keeping my fingers crossed that the sun sticks around for a while....pretty spectacular these last few days, don' t you think?

Nim--re the relentess and quick nickname....you wouldn' t be looking for the name " ferret-boy" would you? [>:]

VBM--any luck at the slots?

Quick Reply: Alaska Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.