Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

pig hunting

Old 02-04-2003, 11:42 AM

Default pig hunting

Howdy ya'll!!! I looking for a good area for pig hunting in CA. I live in Lemoore CA(kings county). I've tried Clear creek BLM with no luck. Conden Peak with no luck but lots of sign. I'm active duty military I have the time to hunt but not so much for scouting.

AD2(AW)Petersen, Steven P. USN

Edited by - bullrider on 02/05/2003 16:47:05
Old 02-04-2003, 07:45 PM

Default RE: pig hunting

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> Hey bullrider I went to a place just out of the town of Grand junction Colorado on a big ranch hunten pigs a few years ago, This was a real hard hunt, We lost to dogs of the ranch hands that the pigs got hold of so we were on our own trying to find them and it is thick country in the mountains East of Grand junction, part of us had to take a ram home, because of the lack of dog power to get the pigs out, with the new snow it should be fairly easy, I can't remember the name of the ranch but it should be in some back of your hunting magazines, there can't be very many in that area, good luck. Shed horn
Howdy ya'll!!! I looking for a good area for pig hunting. I live in Lemoore (kings county). I've tried Clear creek BLM with no luck. Conden Peak with no luck but lots of sign. I'm active duty military I have the time to hunt but not so much for scouting.

AD2(AW)Petersen, Steven P. USN
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 02-06-2003, 10:15 PM

Hey Bullrider,
I'm not sure where you live (no map in front of me), but e-mail me and let me know where exactly you are. I know several spots to hunt pig in California.
Bryan
[email protected]
Old 02-12-2003, 04:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-01-2003, 10:49 PM

well I can go out in my back yard and spot at least 3 pigs right off the bat. 1 nice 600 pounder 1 small 350 pounder and 1 thats full of babys. And here is this barrow from a couple years back.

Old 03-04-2003, 12:56 PM

brdsl43;
nice pig ya got their. So those pigs ya mentioned they wouldn' t happen to be wild would they. I' m looken for a pig to frame in my cross hairs.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:17 PM

nope but the 600 pounder is chops on the 15th. one less headace

Old 03-12-2003, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

There is a ranch up near Taft that you can hunt on but its about $400 per hunt and this isn' t the best time to do it because the pigs are still up north. Can' t recall the name of the ranch though [:' (] And brad, better not let me come over, i plan to buy a bow soon [&gt;:]
Old 03-12-2003, 10:12 PM

Well i was looken more for public land or private land that would be free or dirt cheep. But I' ll look into it still. Thanks
Old 03-31-2003, 10:53 PM

Well we got the 600+ pounder butcherd she weight a tic under 400# on the hook. once we got her cut and wrapped i could barly fit her in the freeze. but she tasted real good for a 2 year old. and only an inch of backfat.

Quick Reply: pig hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.