Any thoughts on this >

Any thoughts on this

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Any thoughts on this

Old 10-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Any thoughts on this

BOULDER, Colo.— Colorado wildlife officials Monday were considering whether a man will face charges in the shooting of a mountain lion that was attacking a puppy.[/b]
The shooting happened about 1:30 a.m. Friday in a home near Gross Reservoir west of Boulder, Colorado Division of Wildlife spokeswoman Jennifer Churchill said.
People inside the home heard the attack on one of three dogs that were chained outside the house, went outside, and started yelling at the adult mountain lion. That's when the lion headed toward the armed man, who shot the cat.
"We're investigating what will happen to the person who shot the lion," Churchill told the Daily Camera. "We do have laws that allow people to protect their safety and the their livestock. But this is the tricky gray area of it being a dog."
The puppy was expected to survive. Wildlife officials confiscated the mountain lion.
At least two other mountain lion attacks have been reported in the area, including the Sept. 2 death of a pet miniature horse in the Nederland area southwest of Boulder and the death of a 60-pound Australian shepherd in Nederland on Sept. 27.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any thoughts on this

Depends on how the dog is classified in CO. Here in WA they are considered "Property" and thus you would have every right to protect it.

Sounds like he has nothing to fear in my opinion.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:29 PM

Only in People's Republic of Boulder will they question protecting your dogs in your backyard of your home from mountain lions, when make my day law will give you that right for protection from humans.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: laufer303

Only in People's Republic of Boulder will they question protecting your dogs in your backyard of your home from mountain lions, when make my day law will give you that right for protection from humans.
I second that motion.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing should happen to him. It was in his yard and attacjing something he owns and probably pays the city for a license to hae a dog. I see it as property and his right to protect it.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:11 PM

He did the right thing! I would have done the same. If he gets fined, turn it over to a lawyer for mental anguish, dog vet bills, trauma, and any other BS you can dream up to sue them for! [:@]
Old 10-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

I would of done the same thing. I consider my dogs as part of the family. They are like kids.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:37 PM

He made a big mistake. That is by telling someone.

[/align]
Old 10-09-2007, 11:43 PM

Well that is just a bunch of BS.. Cougars are worthless piece of crap animals, anyone care to argue with me then you should come live with them as I have had to. We've had a few attacks on young kids. I would have done the same thing in an instant, my dogs are my family and I have A LOT of money into my huskies. Shoot, if a human was harming my dogs they'd be lucky to survive the wrath I would put upon them. I can't believe colorado is even questioning it. If they charge him then they should get a lot of people together and go and protest heavily.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just my opinion, but any cat that is that bold and lives that close to neighborhoods should be removed. It was just as likely to have been kids that the cat attacked.

Thanks
Mr-Pirk

Quick Reply: Any thoughts on this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.