HUNTER ORANGE IS NO GOOD! >

HUNTER ORANGE IS NO GOOD!

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

HUNTER ORANGE IS NO GOOD!

Old 02-20-2007, 02:33 AM
Spike

Default HUNTER ORANGE IS NO GOOD!

Does anyone have any real statistics showing that hunter orangesaves any lives out here in the west?I personally think it is nonsense. Leave me go hunting as undetected as possible not only to the game but to others out in the field as well. You can bet every orange-clad hunter out there has more than once been "checked out" through the scope of somebody's high powered rifle. Yeah, they are not supposed to do that but it happens all the time. I don't need to be in the firing line of some knucklehead who can't even figure on bringing along his binocs. Just my opinion, what do you all think?
Old 02-20-2007, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: HUNTER ORANGE IS NO GOOD!

For rifle seasons I think its good. I would not want to be without it during an either sex season.

For muzzleloader hunter to wear it during the middle of archery season I think its crap. The archery hunters are not wearing anything orange, where's their safety? It's pointless.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

As I hunt with a muzzy about 90% of the time I have mixed emotions on the wearing of it during that season. But I'd rather be safe than sorry.

However on the rifle season I would wear it reguardless. I would rather have a knucklehead looking at me in a scope knowing its orange and don't shoot. Then to have a knucklehead looking at me moving in the brush with no orange and guessing if I were something possible to shoot.

But with that statement let me make it clear I have faith in my fellow hunters. I always make 100% sure of my target and I believe that my fellow hunters do as well. That is what keeps our sport safe.

Goatslayer........

Old 02-20-2007, 12:19 PM

I muzzleload only and can tell you that hunter orange does not scare off any deer or elk. But it does keep me safer from the idiot hunters that like to shoot at anything they see moving or hear. When you're hunting in thick brush, hunter orange does help keep you safe.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

A good topic for discussion I guess. But it was thoroughly discussed 35 yrs go with statistics proving it's worth. So let's move on...
Old 02-21-2007, 11:34 AM

Wear it. I snuck in the middle of a heard of 40 Elk wearing Blaze orange. They cant see it. I used to be leary of it until this happened.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Living in the midwest, and required to wear it during the firearm deer season here, I can tell you, they don't know the difference. Worry more about your scent than wearing orange.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:45 PM

I don't think it's that big of a deal to wear it. I've still been scoped, and I don't think it's drawn any animal attention to me. It might be more noticeable for movements, but you would just need to time your movements better.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:50 PM

When I was younger I did'nt want to wear hunter orange and I would take it off when I got to my hunting location.Then I moved to Pa and man did I ever change my outlook on hunter orange.There are over a million hunters here andI believe 900 thousand did'nt take the hunter safty course so now myself and everyone in my family wears orange head to toe and I carrywhistle.I read an article 3 or 4 years back in I believe Field and Stream that did an expariment and the result was deer dont see orange but they do see blue.I have hunted wyoming a few times so I have an idea on how things are done out that way.I wore orange there also and I did have a good pair of bino's.Like helmet laws maybe the choice should be up to the individual.Ironically I dont wear a helmet when I ride but I do wear lots of orange.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just wish I would have been the one who took the first blaze orange vest and stuck that retro-refective strips on it and patented that idea......since in many places now they are required. I have seen people use those vests in the woods and I think the argument that the animals can't see it goes out the window once this HIGHLY reflective surface is applied to it.

Quick Reply: HUNTER ORANGE IS NO GOOD!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.