Catch A Dream Foundation >

Catch A Dream Foundation

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Catch A Dream Foundation

Old 11-18-2002, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default Catch A Dream Foundation

Some of you may have watched "Mossy Oak's Hunting The Country" this past weekend. This episode had aired before, but it really got my attention this time. I featured a story of how Catch A Dream is making the wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses come true.

This program was started by the late Bruce Brady, a Mississippi outdoor writer who's stories appeared in Outdoor Life and many other magazines. After Make-A-Wish stopped granting hunting wishes to terminally ill children, he wanted to start a program that would ensure children would get an opportunity to enjoy the outdoors. This was started as a Mississippi program, but they are now granting wishes to children all across the country. The wishes aren't limited to hunting, but any outdoor activity.

I'm interested in bringing it to Washington, and am wondering what kind of support it will get here. There are several wonderful organizations that work to grant wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses since Make-A-Wish dropped the ball. I think this is another one. It is being operated under the Mississippi 4-H Foundation by Dr. Marty Brunson of Mississippi State University.

Washington has many wonderful outdoor opportunities to offer to everyone, but there are sick children that need some extra help to enjoy them. I'm waiting to get the information from Dr. Brunson about the ins and outs of the program. For those who are interested in getting involved, shoot me an e-mail or check out their website at http://catchadream.org/. You can also contact Dr. Brunson at [email protected].
---Shannon

Hunt hard, live right, and tell your kids you love 'em!

Edited by - slee on 12/03/2002 23:20:39
Old 12-03-2002, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Catch A Dream Foundation

Just thought I'd bump this up. If anyone has info on possible donations of gear, outdoor related services, outdoor groups that would be interested in helping, etc., please shoot me an
e-mail. I'd really like to see this thing take hold in WA, or anywhere for that matter. It's a great cause, and it would show the public that we do care about others in our area. Thanks.---Shannon

Old 12-03-2002, 01:46 PM

Is that a correct link to their web page?

Will communicate with you via email soon.

Old 12-03-2002, 10:18 PM
Typical Buck

Oops! Thanks for pointing that out. It should have been http://catchadream.org/ Sorry about that.

Old 12-12-2002, 05:20 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]