Planning a Montana 2007 Archery Elk Hunt >

Planning a Montana 2007 Archery Elk Hunt

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Planning a Montana 2007 Archery Elk Hunt

Old 10-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default Planning a Montana 2007 Archery Elk Hunt

I'm doing my research and want to archery hunt elk in Montana with a good outfitter and I'm looking for recommendations and experiences.

Please give me the outfitters name, dates you hunted and yourexperience.

Thank you in advance.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Spike

Default RE: Planning a Montana 2007 Archery Elk Hunt

See the elk I shot this year "No outfitter" on public land from our cabin. www.thedropcamp.com
Good Luck Hunting
Steve
Old 10-31-2006, 05:23 PM

Who the hell would pay 400 bucks a person to go stay in a cabin you can drive to on public land?
Old 11-01-2006, 06:46 PM

Went with Indian Summer Outfitters Sept. 18-27 of this year. Back country, pack-in hunt. Bitterroot National Forest unit 250. Excellent accomendations, food, and guide service. Saw and heard bulls every day. Several close calls, but no shot on trophy size animals. Did harvest 20" Muleybuck. Would highly reccomend outfitter. Will go again when finances allow. Owner Joe Ferraro, 1-866-BIGSKYS.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

people who are loaded with money
Old 11-26-2006, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

Lung, there are two outfitters near Jardine, MT that I would STRONGLY DISCOURAGE you from. PM me if you want names.... I hunted with one of them this fall, it was a total Clusterf*&k. Too many hunters in camp, total unorganization (guides were tripping over each other in the field), "special" services given to other "high tipping" clients, and a rivalry with the other outfitter in the area that on 3 different occaisions I witnessed intentional spooking of game so neither group of clients would get a shot.

I sure hope you have better luck with your MT hunt than I did.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

heck if you draw a tag their is plenty of national forest if you go with an outfitter i guess you are garaunteed a tag
Old 12-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

PA Bow hunter,

Why not post those names for everyone to see. It would serve them right according to your story.

Lung blood,
Mt is a great state, but you are probably going to get a hodge podge of answers on this kind of a post. The best thing to do, maybe,is to determine what type of terrain or areas you'd prefer to hunt in (lots of different terrain and areas there) and find some reliable outfitters as recommended by the MT FWP. Then call, call, call, many, many references provided by the outfitter (a reputable one will have a list as long as your arm--don't settle for a handful) Once you pick out a couple of choices, then come back here and ask again.

There are MANY good outfitters. There are Many "lemons" as well.
You can not do too much research.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

PA Bow hunter,

Why not post those names for everyone to see. It would serve them right according to your story.

Lung blood,
Mt is a great state, but you are probably going to get a hodge podge of answers on this kind of a post. The best thing to do, maybe,is to determine what type of terrain or areas you'd prefer to hunt in (lots of different terrain and areas there) and find some reliable outfitters as recommended by the MT FWP. Then call, call, call, many, many references provided by the outfitter (a reputable one will have a list as long as your arm--don't settle for a handful) Once you pick out a couple of choices, then come back here and ask again.

There are MANY good outfitters. There are Many "lemons" as well.
You can not do too much research.

Hillbilly - you are absolutely right. The outfitter I hunted with was North Fork Creek Outfitters - in Jardine. I would NEVER hunt there or recommend them to anyone. The other outfitter in that area that I would not hunt with would be Hellaroarin outfitters.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

Hellaroarin kinda fits your description there PA.

Quick Reply: Planning a Montana 2007 Archery Elk Hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.