Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Where in WY?

Old 10-15-2006, 10:15 PM

Default Where in WY?

I am very interested in putting for antelope this next season and would like any suggestions on the most favorable areas to apply for?
Old 10-17-2006, 08:52 PM

Default RE: Where in WY?

Wyo. started a point sys this year so a lot of the hard to draw areas you will not likely draw for any antelope tags (type 1), however if you want a doe tag for those areas you have a real good chance. there are also reduce price tags in many areas.
If you go thur a outfitter in the northern and central part of the state you have a real good chance of drawing a (type 1)any antelope tag. those areas are mainly privite land that the outfitters have sown up.
get a map that shows public land and how much access there is before you put in for tags

Old 10-17-2006, 08:58 PM

I should add most for the better antelope hunting is from around Rawlins west to Greenriverand north to Lander and Pindale.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

You can't draw a real good tag next year because they just went to preference points and you would not be in the top draw pool. Now you'd need to probably look to the private land areas and find a lease in an undersubscribed unit, then apply.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

my dad just got back today from WY doing some mule deer hunting.
while at the butcher shop a guy brought in a antelope and didnt want the horns. my dad bought a tag (or something) to make it legal for him to bring them home. here is a pic. i love the hooks. sorry about pic, took it real fast w/ my phone

Old 10-21-2006, 03:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Zim

You can't draw a real good tag next year because they just went to preference points and you would not be in the top draw pool. Now you'd need to probably look to the private land areas and find a lease in an undersubscribed unit, then apply.
Sorry, but I disagree. There are tons of decent (even if they are not state record class) bucks on public lands in areas that are not that difficult to draw. I loath, repeat LOATH, paying to hunt speed goats on private land in a state that is chalk full of public land. It is a much better idea to do research on areas that are easy to draw and have plenty of accessible public lands.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:19 AM

By the way, I am in an extremely nice mood so I will give you a hint as to the areas you should look at. Look at the areas that are even with Casper to the West and down on South toward Rawlins. Also, just to the East of Pathfinder Reservoir. I shouldn't have just told you this, but like I said, I am in a very rare, extremely nice mood.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:15 PM

I should have gave Casper as the 4 point, sorry about that.

WTG I agree with you 100% I'll let a tag go unfilled before I pay to hunt on privite land.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with WTG as well. There are a lotof very respectable goats on vast tracts of public land.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

You have to draw for a tag before you can apply for the permission slip to hunt in some PLPWarea'sbut some areas are just walk on. I went on a lope hunt this year and the ranch I hunted on parceled off a bunch of his property to the state for walk on hunting. Three guys hunting on that piece got goats. I watched as the same goats I paid to hunt ran over and under the parceled property.You have three chances to draw (I think)different zones, look on the Wyoming site to see what zone's have PLPW land and also the highest draw success from the previous year. Here you go, http://gf.state.wy.us/wildlife/access/plpw/index.aspif this is more than you wanted to deal with then there is option #2
If worst comes the worst there are booking agents that have ranch contacts thatcan get you a tresspass permission slip for about $300-400 in SEWyoming. The trick is to find these spots where therelittle to nopublic access, this is what gives you the greater chance at getting permits. When I was out theremost locals will not give this info up for obvious reasons of courseGOOD LUCK!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.