HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   West (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west-28/)
-   -   Need help sighting in (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west/156024-need-help-sighting.html)

camelcluch 09-12-2006 02:38 PM

Need help sighting in

I just had shoulder surgery and can't shoot my rifle yet. I need to sight in my 300wsm and 06. Can anyone help? I have Tues, Wed, Thurs off. Thanks.

laufer303 09-12-2006 04:05 PM

RE: Need help sighting in

You better wait to be able to sight it in yourself, because what works for me, my eyes, heights and constructionmay not be good for you. I know it does not make sence, but I have seen in the past people sighting in for others, and those others cursing them later on for doing a poor job, even though they had it in 1" at 100yrds.

Montana Bob 09-12-2006 05:37 PM

ORIGINAL: laufer303

You better wait to be able to sight it in yourself, because what works for me, my eyes, heights and constructionmay not be good for you. I know it does not make sence, but I have seen in the past people sighting in for others, and those others cursing them later on for doing a poor job, even though they had it in 1" at 100yrds.
Exactly
Go get yourself one of those nice bench rests, you've seen them on tv where the guy puts an egg between his shoulder and rifle.
I use a economy bench rest for all my rifles and it takes away some of the recoil.

camelcluch 09-12-2006 10:01 PM

You all are right. I think I'm a bit nervous because the season is close.

patchnball 09-18-2006 05:29 PM

use the LEAD SLED and load it heavy.

Leep 10-13-2006 04:50 PM

Lead sled works great.. You can always try a laser bore sighter too- never tried one but heard they are pretty good.
Leep Out:

Deleted User 10-13-2006 06:44 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Knightia 10-14-2006 10:36 PM

Honestly -seems like a lot of ppl have helped(and who gave good advice)who are more generious& understanding then yourself.( why bother posting on this one magman?( just to take a dig at him?)

( guess its not only the poltices forum that brings out the worse in ppl?)

( the guys still healing from surgery& sore-so hes a littleapprehensive& time is getting short)
Not so hard to understand really.

Good luck Camelcluch

camelcluch 10-17-2006 01:05 PM

Thank you Knightia! I tried to ignore thE comments made by M.M. but can't much longer. I know one person that I wouldn't let behind me with a gun! M.M., I'm sure there are plenty of disabled hunters out there that are great to hunt with. You have insulted a great number of people with your comments. Unedcuated spewing of words can be a true sign of what a person is about. So with that, STFU!!!!

pahntr760 10-18-2006 03:05 PM

I constanly see obsene and unnessary posts from "MagnumMan". Isn't there anything that can be done because of this. I hate it when someone make point to call someones disadvatage. Its juvenile if you ask me. I just dont understand how BA you thinkare to make a comment like that. It seems MM is always sturing up some kind of drama. Whats with all of that?