Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Piceance Creek Area >

Piceance Creek Area

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Piceance Creek Area

Old 09-03-2006, 07:50 AM

Default Piceance Creek Area

I am in need of information regarding the Piceance Creek Area. Can anyone tell me how the weather has been in the area lately? I have an either sextag for the first rifle season for elk and plan on hunting the area.I was out there three years ago and loved the area. We enjoyed talking with the locals from the Meeker area. Very nice people. I only dream of being able to live in Colorado one day.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:19 PM

Default RE: Piceance Creek Area

I really need to find other places to hunt, everyone on here is hunting places I have been. I have not heard how the weather is. Where do you hunt out there. do you get up to cathedral bluff on the unit boarder, wish I was going with ya. If you have a mulely tag tag is the place to go I have seen some HUGE deer durning the archery and bp season up there. I see a lot of bear up there too. elk hunting is hit and miss depends on pressure. Do you hunt the pines or the cuts up high in the timber?I have never hunted with a gun out there.
good luck.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

Pack some warm cloths, seems fall is setting in pretty good. It was in the 20's there over the weekend. Snow is falling in the higher elevations already. Went over Vail Pass yesterday and its been a snowing there already north side had some that was staying around.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:37 AM

Thanks for the information. We will be hunting elk only. Hope to get lucky. Mtisfullofit..... you don't have much to worry about as far as a couple of greenhorns putting a hurt on the population. We hunt primarily with rifle. Thanks Silver Wolf. We went out three years ago and it was 75 during the day and 10 at night. Sounds like this time we might be in for an adventure!
Old 10-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

I will be out there hunting mulie on private land... i waited to long top get me a regular tag... i am hoping to get me a good mulie. wish me luck
Old 10-15-2006, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

I will be hunting just north of there 2nd season along the White River, bought a leftover tag. Good luck to the rest of you.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:15 AM

Well just got home three days early. It wasn't a good adventure. Pleas see post in Off Season Forum for details. But saw a BUNCH of Mulies one monster. Only saw two cows and they were running the other way at 500 yards. It is a beautiful area. We stayed in Meeker it is a wonderful town with some great people! Best of luck!
Old 10-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

i guess my buddy id taking me else where to find deer when i get there but his brother in law got a 5x5 elk
Old 10-19-2006, 08:14 PM

I took a 5X6 bull there back in 03 during first rifle season.

Old 10-20-2006, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

man you are making me jealous. i didnt get an elk lic all i got was a deer but i am really thinking of getting the elk lic. i figure now all i am goin to see is elk and no deer... i really should get my elk lic. do you see any mulies up that way?????

Quick Reply: Piceance Creek Area

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.