Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
? For ALASKINS >

? For ALASKINS

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

? For ALASKINS

Old 01-16-2002, 06:59 AM

Default RE: ? For ALASKINS

Thanks for the info guys. Now I`am curious if a nonresident has to take the same test to bowhunt in Alaska
Old 01-16-2002, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

no you dont. If you have a state certified archery course (IBEP Equivilant it will be fine). You dont however need the shooting in your class for it to be accepted in ak. Also dont forget you only need it in an Archery Only Area.
Old 01-16-2002, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

LIL- WE WERE NOT THE ONLY AREA DOING THAT BUT WHEN WE VOTED FOR BROADHEAD USE I WAS AGAINST IT EVEN THOUGH I THINK IT SHOULD BE REQUIRED. BUT THE REASON I VOTED AGAINST IT WAS I FELT IT SHOULD BE STANDARDIZED STATEWIDE NOT DIFFERENT IN EACH AREA. I THINK THE SHOOTERS SHOULD KNOW HOW THEIR BH FLY BEFORE THEY HUNT WITH THEM. SOMETHING I NEED TO FIND OUT IS SINCE MECHANICAL BROADHEADS ARE NOT LEGAL FOR ALL BIG GAME I WOULD THINK THAT THEY WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED FOR TESTING.
Old 01-16-2002, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

that just proves the point more. Ak needs to take this course, adopt it to Ak hunting, and standardize it across the state for issues like shooting or not shootin bh's and also for the rest of the shooting IMO. I called the local guy here and left a message. If I dont hear from him by fri I am gonna sit at his door LOL! Just doesnt make sense does it, to have one area do one thing and another area do another thing? But then again NOTHING has suprised me since I have/started learning about the way fish and game operates up here!