West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

new pope young world record elk..PICS ADDED

Old 12-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Spike

Default RE: new pope yound world record elk

here he is sorry it took so long

Old 12-13-2005, 06:51 PM

WOW!! What a Bull! Looks like 8x8...correct. Whats the called.....isn't a Royal 7x7....Grande I think?
Great bull. Congrats to the hunter and guide.....if one was used.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:03 PM

That "sticker" would be a deduct correct? So is this a Non Typical? Still learning this scoring stuff.
Thanks.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

BDU33, I don't think he used a guide, but he did use a nice high fence.

That bull can't be the new P&Y WR, as P&Y doesn't consider pen raised animals.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:24 PM

8x8 = a Monarch.....High fence huh? To each his own.

Old 12-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Napa, where did you here this high fence bll was P&Y WR? The hunter has never claimed that, he has been very open about where he killed it.

Old 12-16-2005, 12:09 PM

It was a high fenced elk ranch in SE Idaho. I don't know exactly where though. He also pays a pretty penny to "hunt" these tame elk there too. I read about all this somewhere and am searching to find where. Since it is a high fenced animal, it cannot be considered a fair chase bull and won't be considered for P&Y.

I'd like to know where this place is though, and cut a few holes in the fence so his bloodline could sneak out hahaha
Old 12-16-2005, 06:45 PM

Best info I found is on King's Outdoor World Blog October 18, 2005. The picture above is not even the bigger bull. That was his last year's bull. His 2005 bull from this same high fence elk ranch supposedly scored 502 SCI. Not sure how to get it on this site, so, look it up. The controversy this raises over the ethics of high fence elk farm hunting is pretty interesting too.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:09 AM

rdjswaaa- Thanks for the insite to where to find the story. Here is an excerp from the article:

There is definitely a buzz going around about two monster bull elk. Some rumors say there is a legit world record bull scoring over 500 inches taken with a bow. Some saying it is from idaho, others saying possibly from Arizona. Then there are photos of another huge bull, likely taken the same year…by the same guy? A lot of questions, but what are some of the correct answers?[/i]
The message boards and emails are going crazy with this topic and the photos that continue to circulate about these big bulls. Some are posted with truths, some totally made up falsehoods, and others with a little bit of both.[/i]
I was fortunate to have the opportunity to talk with the hunter of both of these bulls. Kevin Reid was the lucky hunter to take down not one of these huge bulls, but both of them. Contrary to what many may think, these two bulls were not taken the same year. One was taken last year during the 2004 season and the other this year. Now the big question…Are these fair chase bulls?[/i]
Kevin Reid was hunting a private high fenced ranch in Idaho in 2004 and came across two monster bulls running together. Kevin ended up taken one of the bulls with his bow at just over 30 yards. The bull is an incredible bull scoring 447 SCI. After the season, the ranch owner called Kevin and told him he thought the other bull that was running with the bull Kevin shot was even bigger. Sure enough, Kevin went back for the 2005 season. After three weeks of hunting, he finally got within bow range of this bull. This bull has been scored by SCI (Safari Club International) scorers at an incredible 502 2/8 SCI. This bull will become the new SCI world record bull (taken with any weapon).[/i]
So will these bulls be eligable for Pope & Young or Boone & Crockett? No, they will not. They were taken in a high fence arrangement, and therefore will not be eligable. They will be entered in SCI and be not only one of, but two of the biggest bulls recorded. Even in high fence, there has never been a 500 inch bull taken before. The only bull ever taken by a hunter that scored over 500 inches (gross score) is the Mike Shipsey Bull. Mike Shipsey shot this bull in 1997 on the San Carlos Reservation. [/i]

Old 12-17-2005, 11:10 AM

here is the link to the article too:

http://blog.kingsoutdoorworld.com/2005/10/18/amazing-502-world-record-bull-elk/

Quick Reply: new pope young world record elk..PICS ADDED

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.