Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 What are the 5 top hunt killers? >

What are the 5 top hunt killers?

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

What are the 5 top hunt killers?

Old 10-22-2005, 07:37 PM

Default RE: What are the 5 top hunt killers?

1. being cold
2. have lots of hunters in your area
3. not being able to go
4. forgetting tags
5. having your horses run off in the night so you have to hike a lot
Old 10-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

1. Full Moon
2.Drawing a 1st rifle season tag
3. Warm Weather
4. GDCoyotes
5. ATV riders(hunters)
Old 10-25-2005, 02:29 PM
Typical Buck

1. Being in poor shape.
2. ATV riders in restricted areas.
3. HOT, dry weather.
4. Way too many hunters in an area.
5. Poor attitude.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:57 PM

If you really want to know what the number one "hunt killer" is for many and I mean thousands of hunters who hunt the Coues Whitetail in Southern Az any of them will tell you it is the illegal mexicans coming across the borders by the thousands per day. If you have not been down their ask someone who hunts down their like me. WE saw groups of guided illegals coming to america that ranged anywhere from 20-50 people per group. 3-5 groupsl per day. This is only the ones we saw making it through are little canyone we were hunting. Not to mention the thousands who went elsewhere.
They have acres upon acres of trash laying EVERYWHERE. Empty red bull cans, water bottles, mexican pedialite bottles, gallon water jugs, blankets, coats, etc.
You have no idea how much the illegals have destroyed the area to hunt one of the hardest big game animals their is to hunt. If you have never heard of a coues whitetail go to www.coueswhitetail.com

It is sad when you see more trash in your hunting area form illigals then from hunters in ten years. It is sad when you have an area overrun with hunters and you still see 10 times as many mexicans illegalling comeing into our states. It is sad wehn you have illegals spooking your deer you are getting ready to shoot at.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:09 PM

1. Calling in other elk hunters when you're working a bull.
2. Calling in other turkey hunters when you're working a tom.
3. Rattling in other hunters when you're working a buck.
4. Getting a call from the wife saying to come home because your hunting partner's wife is having a baby.
5. Getting a call from the wife saying the basement is flooded and she wants you home.

The firstthree always seem to happen, but I remedied the othertwo byno longer keep my cell phone on when I go hunting.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Typical Buck

#1-ROUGH SEAS 7-9 FOOT WAVES, GALE WARNING ETC...KEEPS ME FROM DEER HUNTING. HAVE TO RUN 40-45 MILES OR MORE IN OCEAN TO GET TO AREAS I HUNT DEER. IF I CAN GET OUT THERE THEN THE WEATHER GETS BAD I STILL HUNT. HAVE HUNTED IN 60-70 MPH WINDS AND HORIZONAL RAIN IN SHEETS....STILL SEE DEER AND GET THEM.
#2 ILLNESS OR INJURY- HUNTING PARTNER CAME DOWN WITH 104 FEVER....ENDED GOAT HUNT.
#3 WATER TOO LOW IN RIVER TO RUN BOAT
#4 GETTING TOO COLD AND ICE IN RIVER ...UNABLE TO RUN JET BOAT. USUALLY JUST CHANGES HUNT FROM RIVER TO ROAD THOU.
#5 FLOODING MUD SLIDES OR AVALANCES KEEPING FROM GETTING TO HUNT AREA....USUALLY THAT WOULD ONLY DELAY HUNT?

REALLY 4 OF THESE COULD BE LUMPED INTO MOTHER NATURE KICKING BUTT.
#6 NOT HAVING A DEPENDABLE HUNTING PARTNER TO GO WITH. I HAVE GONE SOLO IN ALASKA BUT NOT RECOMMENDED AND NOT AS MUCH FUN.
#7 HAVE SOMEONE DRINKING TOO MUCH OR DOING DRUGS IN CAMP....
#8 HAVING SOMEONE ALONG THAT IS ENDANGERING THEMSELVES OR ANYONE ELSE IN THE GROUP. SAFETY IS OF GRETA IMPORTANCE.
IF 7 OR 8 HAPPENS THE HUNT WILL BE DELAYED LONG ENOUGH TO RETURN THEM HOME IF THEY RODE WITH ME AND START AGAIN IF I HAVE TIME. AND THEY WILL NOT GET ANOTHER INVITE.

ALOT OF OTHER STUFF ARE THINGS TO JUST WHINE ABOUT. AND I DO KNOW HOW TO DO THAT.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

Hunt killers....If I were to limit it to what has kept me from hunting, the list would be very short. Can't think of a hunt that has been ruined although some have been less enjoyable.

1. US Military; been in the Navy since 74 and have missed only 5 seasons since. Can't understand why they wouldn't let me fly out for a long weekend during flight school.

2. Weather. Been too dry and warm the past few years where I hunt.

3. Health....one year I had some ankle surgery due to an unexpected injury. On crutches and in a walking cast....had to (ahem [&o]) road hunt that year for most of the season.

4. Trashy hunters just irritate me.

5. ATVs going off road for no reason.