Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Leavenworth/Lk Wenatchee Deer? >

Leavenworth/Lk Wenatchee Deer?

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Leavenworth/Lk Wenatchee Deer?

Old 08-05-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Leavenworth/Lk Wenatchee Deer?

Anyone out there willing to share any info on some deery areas in the Lake Wenatchee area?

I'm thinking about starting to hunt up there for two main reasons:
1) My inlaws have a cabin up there
2) My son drew a either-sex tag for the Mission unit for general rifle

I have done some scouting in the area this year- a lot of the valleys(White River, Little Wenatchee, Chiwawa)are real steep and real thick- kinda like western wa without the clearcuts!

I want to scout plenty more before the opener, but it seems like I'm spending more time ruling areas out than finding anything that looks like it has potential.

I know the Mission is on the south side of Highway 2- but any info on the whole region would be much appreciated!

PM if you want!

Gary
Old 08-05-2005, 10:42 PM

Default RE: Leavenworth/Lk Wenatchee Deer?

I've hunted deer out by Maverick's Saddle. That area has pretty good hunting, seen plenty of deer and even a black bear in the 3 years I hunted there. You don't neccessarily need to go to the top of the saddle but my dad has some good stories of bucks being taken up there. My dad use to live in Leavonworth Plain so it was a short drive for us to go deer hunting. Hope this helps.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:42 AM

Thanks Kevin. That's certainly close enough to be worth checking out!
Old 08-12-2005, 03:47 PM

Might wanna check your boundaries for the Mission unit. If I'm thinking clearly,
mission unit boundary is hwy97 & the blewett pass hwy. Or, another way of putting it is like so; Have you ever been up to Mission Ridge Ski Area?
Well, when you leave Wenatchee on the rd to Mission ridge, everything on your right is the Mission Unit......all the way northwest to the blewtt pass hwy. But, be carefull with that too cuz bordering the mission unit to the south and west is taneum, teanaway etc, etc....... Never would consider missionUnit tobe close to Lk. Wenatchee. But that's cuz I grew up in wenatchee. Tip: There are some HUGE bucks in the Mission Unit....way up high right now around 4500 feet and above.
GOOD LUCK
Old 08-14-2005, 03:41 PM

Pinto,
Thanks for the reply!
You're right.
The Mission does have a weird finger that goes west all the way to the Cascade Crest trail west of Leavenworth. North boundary is HW 2 all the way to the Columbia. Who knows why?