Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Final Approach Layout Blind.... >

Final Approach Layout Blind....

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Final Approach Layout Blind....

Old 05-03-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Final Approach Layout Blind....

I've been wanting to do more field hunting and won one of these at a D.U. banquet a couple of weeks ago, and I'm really excited to use it. I was just wondering if anyone's used this blind, and what their experience is with it(good/bad, likes/dislikes, etc). I was also wondering about the material. It doesn't have a camo pattern, just a drab green color. Would you suggest getting a camo pattern, maybe adding some paint stripes, or will just loading the straps with whatever vegetation I'm hunting in do? Thanks a bunch...
Bill
Old 05-03-2005, 09:17 PM

Default RE: Final Approach Layout Blind....

You can buy a cover for it for about $75 to $100. If it was me I would run it though the mud and load the straps with whatever vegetation you have.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Typical Buck

Get a thing of Killer Weed from Cabelas, it looks really good. I got the all terrain and it has 4 colors light brown, dark brown, tanish yellow and green. It is about $40 and then put some natural vegitation in with it when you get to the field. You will enjoy your new layout blind.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:13 PM

Take that drab blind and THROW IT IN THE MUD! (seriously works good) No need to pay extra for the camo version. If your hunting corn or other thick vegetation you can camo it up perfect. If your hunting in the snow bring some water to pour or spray on it and kick snow on it. You are going to love hunting out of a blind but hate carrying the thing around (their BIG) and don't pack real well.