Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

What to do...?

Old 01-17-2005, 05:58 PM

Default What to do...?

Hello everyone. this is my first post here in the waterfowl section. But anyways this weekend i am going down to our deer camp and going duck and goose hunting on a pond there that is just the best. But neways i am wondering what to do with the ducks after the shots if we dont have anywhere to clean them no water no electricty. We only have a little cabin that we hang a few lanterns in. How long can i keep the ducks in a zip lock bag. We would be leaving sunday night. Well if you can understand my post please help lol. Sorry thanks guys
tyler
Old 01-17-2005, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What to do...?

If the temp is below 40 then you can just gut the birds (unskined ) ,wipe the insides out with paper towel and let the hang by the neck in the shade for several days .You can pluck the birds if you want ,just leave 1 fully feathered wing ,per federal water fowel regulations.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:55 PM

Make absolutely sure the temp is 40 or below-ducks and geese carry all types of things and you will get sick like you never been before if they spoil.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would clean them and keep in a cooler with ice in ziplocks....