Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Winchester / vs/ Federal

Old 07-31-2002, 09:18 PM

Default Winchester / vs/ Federal

What brand of shotgun shells do you think is better ,Win. or federal , and what brand do you prefer and , why ??

Dave Nuttall
Old 07-31-2002, 09:48 PM

Default RE: Winchester / vs/ Federal

I dont know but i like federals better for some reason...i have always had good luck with them...they pattern better of my gun..its proly just a confidence thing..
Flick
Old 07-31-2002, 11:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd say Federal because I think the pattern is better and the BBs and power used are better sized and better packed. Just my 2 cents

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Live to hunt, hunt to live, be the eyes of the hawk <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 08-01-2002, 05:09 AM
Typical Buck

Pick whatever gives you the best pattern out of your gun. I take it you're talking about steel. In that case it's the old chevy vs ford if they both pattern the same.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:01 AM

i believe federal has the best shell to buy,,unless u shoot the new stuff,tungstenMAtrix,bismoth,and hevi-Shot..
good luck bud,,use what ever gives u confidence and an ambition to get out there and bust some heads,,lol,,good luck bud
Old 08-01-2002, 06:07 PM

Most of the guides in my neck of the woods use ESTATE. They have proven very effective over the past several seasons and cost alot less than the brands you mentioned. However you have already gotten good advice--shoot what works in YOUR gun.
Old 08-01-2002, 06:07 PM

Most of the guides in my neck of the woods use ESTATE. They have proven very effective over the past several seasons and cost alot less than the brands you mentioned. However you have already gotten good advice--shoot what works in YOUR gun.
Old 08-02-2002, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

We shoot PMC 3&quot; mag BBB. We buy several cases so we get a great deal on them at a local gun shop. They pattern good for us and we are very happy with their performance. But like everyone else has said you have to match your ammo to your gun. I don't shoot alot of 3 1/2&quot;, I haven't personnelly seen that much difference in the them, but I buy a few boxes every year, and I always get the winchester drylok, but I don't know why.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:03 AM

I like the Rem Express Steel. It preforms well for the price. The winchester shot to me, does not pattern as well but I like the wet lok that the offer because because i hunt wet most of the time!

Buy a box of which ever brand that you like and pattern them all...see what shoots best out of your gun!!
Good Luck~~~

Gunner™
&quot;If it flies....It dies!!&quot;
Old 08-06-2002, 11:50 AM

I bought a case of 3 in Fiocchi 3 shot last year 1450 fps. I had never heard of them till I bought them. They were excellent patterning out of my 870 wingmaster. The first box I didn't do to well then started reducing my lead and actually cut the heads off some birds that were 35 to 40 yds. I have already bought another case for this year but was looking at Kent Fasteel and since they are supposed to be faster I may have to get a case of them also.

Quick Reply: Winchester / vs/ Federal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.